Speculation: Roster Building Thread LVI: Artemi, where art thou? In NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Granund also has not played center in like 4 years. And his offensive breakout corresponded with him being moved to the wing.

Granlund is an extremely important player for NSH this year and likely playing on the wing with Duchene and Smith on the second line.

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
You know, I think about Lias and what he'd look like with two potentially elite wingers ... the kid has never played with anyone like that ... ever ..
Yeah and maybe he holds them back. You are not putting these 3 guys on the same line. If you want to really develop these elite wingers you need someone who can help them develop. You don't put a guy who needs to develop his own game between them.

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
What Lias did last season has nothing to do with him this season. Players get a clean slate.
I am sure you don't use that same thought process for everyone on the roster. What he did last season means he has to prove himself even more than if he had a good year. Yes Hartford was bad last year but Lias didn't help himself.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
One center who may be available on a short term basis is Mikael Granlund. I don’t see how they have roster space for him. Perhaps a swap of Shattenkirk, with some retention, would work for both teams. He would help the penalty kill and bridge the middle until younger players are ready.
I'm on board with this. Can't see Nashville doing this.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Brought it up in the FA thread.

Would love to see Gorton continue to be aggressive and shop some of the wing assets we have, to get a very young future #1 center.

Maybe a combination of Buch, Kreider, and one of our excess defensive prospects (Lindgren, for example)?

It sounds great in theory, but those guys are often unattainable. That’s why Gorton was trying to be aggressive at the draft. I mean, honestly, what if the Rangers dealt that young top line center for a UFA to be Kreider, a juries still out Buchnevich, and a teams 5th best D prospect? We’d lose our minds.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
One center who may be available on a short term basis is Mikael Granlund. I don’t see how they have roster space for him. Perhaps a swap of Shattenkirk, with some retention, would work for both teams. He would help the penalty kill and bridge the middle until younger players are ready.
My theory is that Nash might like some RHD insurance after trading Subban. $ has to work for both teams. WAG...Nash also still looking for more offense. Maybe Kreider figures in here somehow. Just thinking out loud.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
It sounds great in theory, but those guys are often unattainable. That’s why Gorton was trying to be aggressive at the draft. I mean, honestly, what if the Rangers dealt that young top line center for a UFA to be Kreider, a juries still out Buchnevich, and a teams 5th best D prospect? We’d lose our minds.

Maybe, but then again, we also dealt Brassard for Zibanejad and Gomez for McDonagh. Deals are out there to be found sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad