Speculation: Roster Building Thread LV: One More Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I wouldn’t go 4m plus on a long term deal for Anders Lee, a Milan Lucic waiting to happen. But if we had cap space, I wouldn’t mind him on a 1 year deal at say 12m per... :)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m not sure that Dreger tweet even makes sense. Would he even be eligible for 8 years if they had dealt for him? Trouba isn’t eligible for 8 years. Why would panarin be?

But if it’s accurate and they did try it that would just mean to me that they couldn’t get a deal done with money relative to what the NYR is offering.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I’m not sure that Dreger tweet even makes sense. Would he even be eligible for 8 years if they had dealt for him? Trouba isn’t eligible for 8 years. Why would panarin be?

But if it’s accurate and they did try it that would just mean to me that they couldn’t get a deal done with money relative to what the NYR is offering.
Likely meant sign&trade, which would give him the 8 years.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Only way that dreger tweet makes sense is if the isles were trying to get Columbus to do a sign and trade. Which I highly doubt sounds like dreger is clueless as well.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Why do you doubt that?

When’s the last time that happened? Not to mention between division rivals. Not to mention between teams that are fighting both to get the guy.

I hope it did happen. Like I said if the isles were desperately trying to get Columbus to do a sign and trade it means their offer wasn’t good enough to beat ours in relative terms

Reactions: Wakko4Kakko

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Someone needs to file first

Ahh ok so trouba would have to file. That’s a technicality though really. They could be taking time to see if they can find a trade partner if not trouba files and NYR then sign a him before it gets to arbitration and a 2nd window opens up correct?

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
When’s the last time that happened? Not to mention between division rivals. Not to mention between teams that are fighting both to get the guy.

I hope it did happen. Like I said if the isles were desperately trying to get Columbus to do a sign and trade it means their offer wasn’t good enough to beat ours in relative terms
I agree with this. If they were desperate to offer 8 years, but ultimately were not able to, doesn't that mean it's unlikely for him to go there? I feel like Dreger(and most of the media reporting on AP at this point) is clueless. This has been a bizarre 24 hours.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

I’m sure deep down Columbus knew they were out. So it’s a matter of him going to NYR/NYI and getting nothing, or getting something to facilitate him going to NYI. Assuming FLA is out, which I don’t even know anymore.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m sure deep down Columbus knew they were out. So it’s a matter of him going to NYR/NYI and getting nothing, or getting something to facilitate him going to NYI. Assuming FLA is out, which I don’t even know anymore.

Well it didn’t happen sooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad