Speculation: Roster Building Thread LIV: Free Agency Hasn't Even Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Not for nothing but how many 1 goal games did we lose with pionk playing 24 mins?

Now you’ve got Trouba playing those mins along with Adding Kakko and Kravtsov and hopefully removing Vesey and Namestnikov

I think we’re going to be a lot better honestly

I agree, the biggest thing I'm looking from the Rangers this season is a culture shift.

I want to see the guys show up every night. There were too many nights of just hopping on and off the ice last year, and I thought Neal Pionk contributed to that. Vesey's been doing that for 3 years here.

Names showed up after his benchings. Same with Buch. But to me that's endemic of a bigger cultural issue, which I hope gets addressed.

It doesn't help that guys like Smith & Shatt show up to camp out of shape, and are slothing around out there. Not a good example for younger players coming up.

What needs to happen is that these guys get banished into a corner and kept there instead of getting ice time. If they grind hard and practice and compete, then they earn their ice time. If not, scratch them.

I think the Roster would bode well by moving out Vesey, putting Smith in the minors.

Reactions: nyrage

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It sounds like Aho is going to be a prime offer sheet candidate for a bunch of teams.

I wrote this many times here and on twitter earlier in the week. THIS guy is worth the offer sheet and the picks and I’d much rather get him than panarin.

And if you frontload the shit out of this offer I mean 45 mil over the first 2 years. Is Dunden paying that? No way. They had the lowest cap hit in the league last year.

Stud 21 year old Franchise center that’s where u spend your money

Reactions: Rongomania

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Not for nothing but how many 1 goal games did we lose with pionk playing 24 mins?

Now you’ve got Trouba playing those mins along with Adding Kakko and Kravtsov and hopefully removing Vesey and Namestnikov

I think we’re going to be a lot better honestly
Not for nothing but how many 1 goal games did we lose while giving zuccarello and Hayes big minutes while having career years from zibanejad and kreider (and Hayes).

Hayes had 42 in 51
Zucc had 37 in 46

Most people would consider those terrific numbers for rookies.

Henrik also had an all world start to the season. Are we expecting that again?

A lot went right for the rangers last year too...let's not forget that.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
“Arizona Coyotes: A
If we’ve learned nothing else this offseason, it’s that there’s a huge advantage to having cap space. The Coyotes are the latest team to add an elite talent because the dealing team was trying to shed salary (amongst other things in this case). Coyotes GM John Chayka was patient on this one, using the leverage that was pretty well known throughout the league – Kessel wanted to play in Arizona and the Penguins didn’t have a ton of other options.”

NHL Trade Grades: Kessel addition could be huge for Coyotes...

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
It sounds like Aho is going to be a prime offer sheet candidate for a bunch of teams.
Dundon already stated that he would match any offer sheet. Aho has stated that he only wants to sign with Carolina.
Aho isn't getting an offer sheet.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Then everybody should be fine with paying him 10-12 MM because that's what the market ist for elite talent in this years cap

Some people prefer to buy things for less than market value. Others might reckognize the value but are weary that the investment might hinder their options in the future.

You don’t just go and splurge on something because you’re paying fair market value. Especially since there might not be a way out of that investment.

There are posters here who have made a very good case why we should pursue Panarin. You’re not one of those posters.

What are you talking about? That is clearly not the case. Simply put, those that do not want Panarin either do recognize his great talent or are too ignorant to recognize how great NHL teams are built. Long live the 10 year rebuild like Buffalo or Edmonton!

Edmonton and Buffalo are incredibly foolish comparisons. I recognize the talent Panarin is, but that doesn’t mean I’m willing to meet his contract demands.

1 thing most great teams have in common is they were built by drafting exceptional talent. St. Louis had 3 players on their roster earning more than 6m, and none earning 8m or more.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not for nothing but how many 1 goal games did we lose while giving zuccarello and Hayes big minutes while having career years from zibanejad and kreider (and Hayes).

Hayes had 42 in 51
Zucc had 37 in 46

Most people would consider those terrific numbers for rookies.

Henrik also had an all world start to the season. Are we expecting that again?

A lot went right for the rangers last year too...let's not forget that.

I think Kravtsov and Kakko can do just as much as a moping zucc and Hayes combo

If we play this game then we should also say Chytil Lias and Howden should be much better as well.

Buchnevich sucked to start he may come out guns blazing like he did late in the year.

Defense was the biggest issue and a lot of it had to do with running an Ahler out there 24 mins a night

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I wrote this many times here and on twitter earlier in the week. THIS guy is worth the offer sheet and the picks and I’d much rather get him than panarin.

And if you frontload the **** out of this offer I mean 45 mil over the first 2 years. Is Dunden paying that? No way. They had the lowest cap hit in the league last year.
Connor mcdavid is the only person in the league worth 4 first round draft picks.

4 years ago when the rangers were on top of the world people would be the best time to offer sheet someone... When you're good and your picks are low.

The rangers next 4 picks.. and again it's the rangers picks that count here... Are what...
Chytil, kravtsov, kakko and potentially another top 10 pick...for giggles let's call it byfield.

You're telling me there's a player in the world not named mcdavid that's worth that package?

Lol.

4 years is a long time. 4 years without a first is why we're in this mess (and I don't have any issue with it...builds go through cycles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad