Speculation: Roster Building Thread LII: Countdown to Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The fact that you don't understand the difference between players at different ages and the body's ability to heal is alarming. That's like day 1 stuff.

The fact that you don't understand that you're talking in generalities when comparing people at different ages is alarming too as no two persons are the same. Six straight years of no significant injuries before a concussion that put Pavelski out for two weeks tells me it wasn't a really serious concussion and concussions can happen to anyone playing the sport regardless of age at any time. There is no serious injury history.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don't say this because I want the Rangers to go all in this year, b/c I don't. They are still a bit away.

but how are we still saying this? An expansion team in the WC final, followed by the team that was the worst in the league at Christmas. AN EXPANSION team in the finals!

In the last 5 cup finals, the WC has had 5 different teams, the EC 4.

This league is pure parity. Nothing comes close to it
Vegas is a true outlier...I want to see the pundits who predict Seattle being good out the gate

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The Rangers, for all their warts last season, were in games throughout the season under Coach Quinn.

Now you are going into another season with these kids. More experience. Another full season under Quinn knowing how he coaches and what his expectations are.

We have potentially 3 very capable goalies. We added in Trouba which changes the layout of the defense. Gives you a RD finally. Slides guys down into more suitable roles.

You add in Kakko and a solid vet forward. This team could battle and do some damage.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Out of the box time, assuming we don't sign Panarin

Smith @ 3M for Backes & Studnicka

Backes sucks but we have had worse veterans play in our bottom 6.

We add a 3M on the cap, clear a space on D, and get another C prospect for our troubles.

Bruins save ~4M of cap space if they bury Smith for the next two years, over which time they have to sign McAvoy/Carlo/Debrusk/Grzelcyk. Krug/Miller/Coyle will all be UFA in that time, so the Bruins will desperately need the space if they want to keep competing.

The amount of retention can be worked with the make this deal more palatable for either side

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
The fact that you don't understand that you're talking in generalities when comparing people at different ages is alarming too as no two persons are the same. Six straight years of no significant injuries before a concussion that put Pavelski out for two weeks tells me it wasn't a really serious concussion and concussions can happen to anyone playing the sport regardless of age at any time. There is no serious injury history.
All Concussions are serious. They are especially more serious when they happen to older people who’s bodies heal differently than younger peoples. I suffered a “minor” concussion when I was 21 and I still feel effects of it 15 years later.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
All Concussions are serious. They are especially more serious when they happen to older people who’s bodies heal differently than younger peoples. I suffered a “minor” concussion when I was 21 and I still feel effects of it 15 years later.

We should dump Buchnevich then--he's had at least 2 in three years. But no one's saying concussions aren't serious but some are more serious than others. For instance Pavelski comes back from his in two weeks--that's a far cry from someone who has to live in a darkened and quiet house for months on end......because there are people who have more serious or who've had multiple concussions that take them to that kind of place.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Out of the box time, assuming we don't sign Panarin

Smith @ 3M for Backes & Studnicka

Backes sucks but we have had worse veterans play in our bottom 6.

We add a 3M on the cap, clear a space on D, and get another C prospect for our troubles.

Bruins save ~4M of cap space if they bury Smith for the next two years, over which time they have to sign McAvoy/Carlo/Debrusk/Grzelcyk. Krug/Miller/Coyle will all be UFA in that time, so the Bruins will desperately need the space if they want to keep competing.

The amount of retention can be worked with the make this deal more palatable for either side

Why don't we just bury Smith?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The Rangers, for all their warts last season, were in games throughout the season under Coach Quinn.

Now you are going into another season with these kids. More experience. Another full season under Quinn knowing how he coaches and what his expectations are.

We have potentially 3 very capable goalies. We added in Trouba which changes the layout of the defense. Gives you a RD finally. Slides guys down into more suitable roles.

You add in Kakko and a solid vet forward. This team could battle and do some damage.

Subtract Zucca and Hayes.

We aren't sniffing playoffs next season.

Reactions: NYRKING30

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
We should dump Buchnevich then--he's had at least 2 in three years. But no one's saying concussions aren't serious but some are more serious than others. For instance Pavelski comes back from his in two weeks--that's a far cry from someone who has to live in a darkened and quiet house for months on end......because there are people who have more serious or who've had multiple concussions that take them to that kind of place.
How old is Buchnevich? This is like when people continue to bring up Buffalo and Edmonton in regards to rebuilding.

Pavelski came back in two weeks, should he have? Should Jake DeBrusk been playing? It's the playoffs, guys play when they shouldn't all the time. That doesn't help them heal either.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If you had a concussion at 21 and still feel it 15 years later, it wasnt minor.

I had 3 concussions from age 18-25 playing college ball and ice hockey. All documented.

I dont feel the effects of any of them. It is not the same for any two people as @eco's bones is saying and he is right. You can try and claim Pavelski wont be the same because he is 35, but that is pure BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad