Speculation: Roster Building Thread L "Please Do Not Pester the Vetted Posters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I was kicking some ideas around in my head, but what would you guys say to a DeAngelo for Gostisbehere straight up deal. RH for LH. Since Trouba and Fox joined Shattenkirk, I don't think there's enough pucks to go around. Ghost on the left side would balance it out a bit. He makes 4.5 for the next 4, and ADA is probably going to come in a somewhere between 3 and there. Plus he's a south jersey/Philly guy, so Im sure he'd be ok with it. Thoughts?

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Not sure if accurate but @Tawnos
Monday, June 25 – Deadline To Extend Qualifying Offers To Pending Restricted Free Agents At 5 PM ET; 2019 Hockey Hall Of Fame Inductees Announced; 2019-20 NHL Schedule Release
Tuesday, June 26-Sunday, June 30 – Window For Pending Restricted Free Agents To Talk To Other Teams
Monday, July 1 – Free Agency Opens At 12 PM ET
Friday, July 5 – Deadline For Players To File For Salary Arbitration At 5 PM ET
Saturday, July 6 – Deadline For Teams To File For Salary Arbitration At 5 PM ET
Saturday, July 20-Sunday, August 4 – Salary Arbitration Hearings Held In Toronto, Ontario
Thursday, August 15 – Unrestricted Free Agency For NCAA Players Opens
Key Capitals and NHL Offseason Dates

If it is right, then I think that means whoever traded for Trouba could have given him a qualifying offer, and then taken him to arbitration if he did not elect it himself. In arbitration if is was awarded, he would have received a 1 year deal for his last RFA year.

He would have had to not report to that one year deal, not hold out.

If he was willing to not report, I think the team who held his rights just keeps holding them as he would never reach UFA status as he'd never accrue the 7th season he needs until they relinquished or traded his rights.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Not sure if accurate but @Tawnos
Key Capitals and NHL Offseason Dates

If it is right, then I think that means whoever traded for Trouba could have given him a qualifying offer, and then taken him to arbitration if he did not elect it himself. In arbitration if is was awarded, he would have received a 1 year deal for his last RFA year.

He would have had to not report to that one year deal, not hold out.

If he was willing to not report, I think the team who held his rights just keeps holding them as he would never reach UFA status as he'd never accrue the 7th season he needs until they relinquished or traded his rights.

Hmm. Maybe the article I was reading had it wrong.

Either way, why the hell would a team be interested in doing that?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I was kicking some ideas around in my head, but what would you guys say to a DeAngelo for Gostisbehere straight up deal. RH for LH. Since Trouba and Fox joined Shattenkirk, I don't think there's enough pucks to go around. Ghost on the left side would balance it out a bit. He makes 4.5 for the next 4, and ADA is probably going to come in a somewhere between 3 and there. Plus he's a south jersey/Philly guy, so Im sure he'd be ok with it. Thoughts?

We've already got Skjei and Staal on the left side. If Claesson is qualified, he's an option on the 3rd pair. Then we've got Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov and Reunanen fighting for a spot. Plus Miller at some point.

Why do we need Ghost? Just so we can accommodate Shattenkirk who won't be here for long?

Reactions: Kupo

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Hmm. Maybe the article I was reading had it wrong.

Either way, why the hell would a team be interested in doing that?

Same reason a team may trade for Kreider even if he has no intentions of extending there, they are renting him early in hopes he does extend there or at least they can move him again for value at the next deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad