Speculation: Roster Building Thread L "Please Do Not Pester the Vetted Posters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Can you imagine Kreider riding shotgun with Mackinnon? Two of the most explosive skaters in the league.
His combo of speed, size, strength, and balance have to be suuuuuuper attractive to teams who feel they're close. His raw numbers lag a bit behind the sexiness, but even if you say it's got nothing to do with the talent around him, he still brings so much to the table in how he drives the play in the O zone. More often than not he gains the zone with speed and either gets it on goal or maintains possession (shhhh don't tell them it's all passes back to the point after carrying behind the cage) and is also a force in those 50/50 (or even worse odds) battles along the boards helping maintain possession.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
So is 20 for Trouba.

I wouldn't expect a huge add on top of 14 or 16 tbh.

That is where I'm stuck at too, why would the return for Kreider be better than the return for Trouba?

Unless he is allowed to talk with those teams and discuss an extension prior, and they find some common ground.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Very much appreciated.
Sounds like I will be rooting hard for this to fall apart then ;). Losing him for nothing in 12 months or signing Kreider at his age and style of play for that long sounds a bit too scary for my taste.
Maybe Chayka will bail us out like Fletcher did with Hayes.

Regardless we should all be in for an exciting 24 hours and given that you guys will walk away with Kakko a very great one for you guys as well. Enjoy him. Kid will be an utter stud!

I feel like Kreider's style of play is one that will actually hold up longer than most other players. I'm still against us signing him long-term, but it has nothing to do with him falling apart early because of his style of play.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I agree. I would be jumping for joy if that went through.

I do see why Edmonton would be at least considering paying a premium on a buch/vesey package. They need depth asap.

Holland has also probably seen the past work of Oiler scouts. That 8th might be burning a hole in his pocket.

He also prob wouldn’t mind moving out Pulju whose from the past regime and current headache.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
My guess is 14 and Fischer or 16 and Greer. Rangers trying to see if the Avs will bump it up to a stronger prospect.

Similar power forward prospects. One has higher offensive upside while the other is grittier.
My guess is that we set our prices and ball is in their court for both teams; rather than us leveraging the two against each other.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
That is where I'm stuck at too, why would the return for Kreider be better than the return for Trouba?

Unless he is allowed to talk with those teams and discuss an extension prior, and they find some common ground.

There were extenuating circumstances involved with Trouba. Pretty much everyone believed that we underpaid for him.

On top of that, Kreider is under contract for the next year at a good number, and we can retain if necessary. Trouba does not have a contract and has a history of difficult negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan