Speculation: Roster Building Thread L "Please Do Not Pester the Vetted Posters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
There were extenuating circumstances involved with Trouba. Pretty much everyone believed that we underpaid for him.

On top of that, Kreider is under contract for the next year at a good number, and we can retain if necessary. Trouba does not have a contract and has a history of difficult negotiations.

Yet Trouba could have been traded anywhere, he had no clause, and was arbitration eligible where the team could have taken him to it to get their years worth of value.

Kreider without an extension has also one years worth of value, and if he is not talking to the other teams, how would they know whether or not he has any intentions on extending there?

I guess I'm not so sure why they have all that different values

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Yet Trouba could have been traded anywhere, he had no clause, and was arbitration eligible where the team could have taken him to it to get their years worth of value.

Kreider without an extension has also one years worth of value, and if he is not talking to the other teams, how would they know whether or not he has any intentions on extending there?

There’s a report in a jets thread that says exactly what happened. Pitt leaked it to their fans as the reason they got beat out. Trouba’s agent told chevy he wouldn’t even sign the RFA tender and would demand an immediate trade/ hold out of any team other than the rangers traded for him.

It’s a pay article via a penguin insider blog, but somebody put up a pdf of the article in the jets page. It’s all there if anyone wants to find it. Or i posted the link in the previous thread. If you look back on my post history yesterday, you’ll find it too

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Trouba apparently told the Jets that he’d hold out if they traded him somewhere he wasn’t willing to sign.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Trouba apparently told the Jets that he’d hold out if they traded him somewhere he wasn’t willing to sign.
How could he hold out?

As long as he was qualified, the team could take him to arbitration, correct?

If he would not report after that arbitration award, I guess that could be a thing, but at that point all he would be doing is not getting any closer to UFA and making the NHL teams think about never dealing with him again.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

Jets didn't let teams talk to KO and Trouba. If he holds out against the new team, it's hardly Chevy's problem.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
How could he hold out?

If he would not report after that arbitration award, I guess that could be a thing, but at that point all he would be doing is not getting any closer to UFA and making the NHL teams think about never dealing with him again.

The deadline for team elected arbitration was 48 hours after game 7.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
How could he hold out?

He could threaten to blow any potential trade up by putting that info out there and really tying his GMs back. No sane GM would trade for a player making wild threats like that, fans would revolt. So it's less of a 'how could he do that' situation and more of a 'I don't want to find out, I'm out' type of situation.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Jets didn't let teams talk to KO and Trouba. If he holds out against the new team, it's hardly Chevy's problem.

GMing is partially about relationships. If he dealt Trouba somewhere he knew up front that Trouba wouldn’t go, it’d damage his relationship with that GM. I’m sure Trouba would tell his new team right away that he made it clear he wasn’t going to play there.

It was the right move by Chevy.

Reactions: doomscroll and Tob

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
My guess is that we set our prices and ball is in their court for both teams; rather than us leveraging the two against each other.

Eh, I'd be surprised if they hadn't been leveraging the two offers. It may very well be back in their own court but probably closer to a "Whichever of you comes back to me by 9AM and meets the price gets him first" sort of thing.

Kinda bummed it's the Avs though. A very vocal part of their fan base on here has this weird inferiority complex about the big bad Rangers. Same guys insisting Hayes wouldn't get a 1st, let alone an add, are now saying Kreider isn't worth 16 with an add and are really salty about it. I don't really get it.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
100 pages and our reward is confirming what we knew in 2010 that Callahan was not going to play beyond age 35
How long until the rumors start swirling that he will be one of the Rangers traveling developmental coaches?

Reactions: Tob

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Eh, I'd be surprised if they hadn't been leveraging the two offers. It may very well be back in their own court but probably closer to a "Whichever of you comes back to me by 9AM and meets the price gets him first" sort of thing.

Kinda bummed it's the Avs though. A very vocal part of their fan base on here has this weird inferiority complex about the big bad Rangers. Same guys insisting Hayes wouldn't get a 1st, let alone an add, are now saying Kreider isn't worth 16 with an add and are really salty about it. I don't really get it.
The Trouba trade was such sweet freakin satisfaction simply bc of that very same feeling towards Jets fans

Reactions: Trxjw

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Based off of what exactly? That he grew up on the East Coast?

Thats pretty faulty. Money/Lifestyle/Opportunity to win May all be more appealing to him than staying out East.
He played his whole career on the east coast. He grew up in MA. He will be 29 at the start of his next long term contract. Its a big change at the stage of his career and life. Just my opinion. He could very well go with your reasoning but I see it as less likely. Given his personality, I dont know I just dont see it for him.

emodwarf

Oct 12, 2009
Boston. Sucks.
All kidding aside, I actually went to Berklee for a spell when I thought I was cut out to be a working musician( I was not).

Are you talking about Little Steve's ?

Could be a stretch for distance, but maybe New York Pizza at Mass Ave and Columbus? The other NYP (by Emerson) has huge slices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad