Speculation: Roster Building Thread IV (2021 Offseason) - Bob Dylan turns 80 & "The times they are a changing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Hopefully Nils comes over, and they can find someone to pair with him on the 3rd line. I want to see more of Zac Jones, and Reunanen, also looking forward to seeing Schneider if he's invited to camp(he should be right?).

As for Buch, I actually hope they keep him.

I was on The Athletic, won't post anything, but the author was going over the Rangers cap, and what evolving hockey has for projected numbers, I think it was like $6.3M on a long term deal for Buch. And for some reason $1.53M for Howden, like WTF? Even crazier, the market value for Fox after next season was $13.7M AAV, I think that would be the max allowed, idk the cap well enough, hope Fox gives the Rangers a nice discount, he does deserve more than Trouba, thing will be, will he sign long term, or a bridge 3yr like deal that Lindgren signed?

Market value doesn't matter in Fox's case as he isn't on the market. He has virtually no leverage. Rangers could give him a 2 year bridge deal if they want.

Reactions: JayAB81 and McSauer

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
I can't imagine Hextall and Burke firing Sullivan just because Jarry is a disaster, if they lose this series its more on the FO not bringing someone in at the deadline than it is Sullivan.

Regarding Robert Thomas, do we think hes a C long term?

Nobody imagined cocaine james would axe 80% of management midseason either. But I would be surprised if either he gets fired or the Rangers rehire him.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I can’t believe the Penguins would fire Sullivan off of this series. They’ve played hard and are being killed by bad goaltending. No more, no less.

The only way he gets whacked is if there’s a personality conflict with Hextall.

My hope is a first round exit gives Burke/Hextall reason to bring in their guy (Babcock?), and maybe Sullivan sees the writing on the wall with PIT, they arent getting any younger unless the core changes, and the termination is mutual (which seems to be the trend nowadays).

I cant think of a more perfect HC candidate for the Rangers than Mike Sullivan

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I can't imagine Hextall and Burke firing Sullivan just because Jarry is a disaster, if they lose this series its more on the FO not bringing someone in at the deadline than it is Sullivan.

Regarding Robert Thomas, do we think hes a C long term?

i like Thomas, id do Thomas and Kyrou for Buchnevich

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Well right, but Dolan lives in an alternate reality. Mario doesn't.
The guy that won't let his GM trade players? All owners meddle to some extent. Dolan has been as hands off as you could ask from an owner. He isn't Jacobs, the deceased Wertz, or the Pegulas. I get people being upset over the firings but the hyperbole and overreaction is getting out of hand. The extra irony is pretty much every proposal since has been in line with what Dolan thinks.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
The guy that won't let his GM trade players? All owners meddle to some extent. Dolan has been as hands off as you could ask from an owner. He isn't Jacobs, the deceased Wertz, or the Pegulas. I get people being upset over the firings but the hyperbole and overreaction is getting out of hand. The extra irony is pretty much every proposal since has been in line with what Dolan thinks.

Are you in his band?

Reactions: bobbop

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
There are some good 2/3C's that are going to be available for nothing but money and who should come on reasonably short deals:

The top-3 are probably:
Stastny
Kreijci
Bonino

I still think Danault would be ideal as far as where he could slot in the line-up but any of these (3) would definitely add a nice dimension to the team. Trade Strome and add one of these guys and allow Chytil to take on more minutes.

Reactions: Chytilmania

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011

there is no hyperbole. This clown is the worst owner in sports. He was born rounding third and still manages to get thrown out at home plate. There is not a redeeming quality about him as a sports owner.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I cant think of a more perfect HC candidate for the Rangers than Mike Sullivan
Sullivan would be a candidate. Perfect candidate? I’m not so sure.

Let’s not forget that this is the same Mike Sullivan who was a Lindy Ruff level punching bag on these boards when he was a Ranger assistant.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Sullivan would be a candidate. Perfect candidate? I’m not so sure.

Let’s not forget that this is the same Mike Sullivan who was a Lindy Ruff level punching bag on these boards when he was a Ranger assistant.
It's not like hes done much since he left. Only won back to back cups, has had to deal with constant injuries to his 3 star players, and his lineup was filled out with the Buzz Flibbit and Mark Donks of the league.

Show me a coach that was here longer than a year and wasn't a punching bag.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Great story. Thanks... I really needed something like this precisely now at this exact moment.

My 3,5 year old daughter (Aurora) spent the last week in the intensive care (neurological unit) due to a mystical and non-defined neurological attack/breakdown. She had this initial attack/seizure and breakdown less than 2 weeks ago at her doctors office during a routine visit for what appeared to be a light spring cold (not at all acting strange, crying or anything really extraordinary beforehand - jut slight fever, runny nose and a bit tired, which is unusual). But we went to her ordinary physician (GP) just to be on the safe side anyways. She smiled and said “Bye Daddy” (CoVid restrictions now allow only one parent inside the doctors office here in Poland) when she left our car and went into the office with her Mother/my wife.

But a mere 20 minutes later, my suddenly hysterical wife comes running out with an unrecognizable Aurora in her arms. She is having serious cramps, her neck is in an awkward frozen backwards position and she has totally gone in a catatonic state whilst making awful sounds. We DRIVE to the hospital ultra fast "Aurora is having a neurological attack - we cannot wait for an ambulance" my wife Karolina says repeatedly. I drove like a maniac, under horrific circumstances, through a busy downtown traffic in my 400+ hp Jaguar, reaching the hospital pretty fast (but it seemed like ages) - which was fortunately pretty closeby. But that is the first time ever my wife yelled at me to drive faster. That is for sure.

Well there - she was in the ER within seconds and under their care. She was by then passed out and remained so for several hours. It came straight Out of the Blue. She was therafter sedated in isolation at the intensive care unit at the neurolgy clinic at the hospital for a few days. Karolina was there with her (only one parent applies here as well). But, after a multitude of tests - they still do not know what it was. They did multiple cat-scans (MRI +) of body and brain and the brain is seemingly fine. And every other test you can think of. They thereby excluded that it was a stroke, aneurysm, heart attack, epileptic attack or something like that. Originally they thought it was a heart attack as her EKG was at first off the charts. She also at first had very high CRP levels, but they subsided quickly and are now normal.

When she was released from the hospital
the following statement was issued: "We will take no more tests as we have found no serious deficiencies with or disease in Aurora. We are very relieved that Aurora is seemingly fine", and then added that "the human body is not completely known yet, so this could be a one time attack connected to her ongoing light infection, exhaustion maybe also combined with fears. We may never therefore know what happened or why." So I guess that was it by the so called PROs conclusion. But... the head doctors at the hospital (upon her release) immediately and relentlessly wanted to put her on a 2 year plan of medication treatment for epilepsy - despite the fact that all the epilepsy tests were negative. Auroras GP however disagreed with this treatment and diagnosis. She was - good to remember - also under their medical ward for almost the entire seizure (~25 minutes) - yet they still have not been able to determine what it actually was and what caused it. They are but mere drug dealers it seems! Furious was too light of a word right tosummarize my state ofmind. 4 sho! . We naturally refused this "offer" - to their pathetic vocal protests

We now think it is possibly something COVID related (she had COVid for 6 weeks last autumn - but she tested negative now/but no antibodies test taken). She is still right now very weak, sore,vomits randomly and has unfortunately had several minor relapses/seizures/passes out. Just to point out, she was also diagnosed with selective mutism this spring (after having CoVid) as she suddenly refused to talk to anyone at all in her daycare for over 3 months. Which was never a problem before. But that suddenly subsidead and the diagnosis was then reversed by a second professionals opinion. Nothing is simple it seems. Damn...

But many professional people that I know, outside the normalized system, believe it could either be multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C - which is almost certainly derived from her previous CoVid infection) - or something entitled encephalitis. I dunno. Sorry for the totally irrelevant RANT btw...
Speedy recovery Aurora. Please let us know if you start a go fund me account. From my own personal experience I believe in 2nd opinions when it is related to medical issues. Your family will be in my prayers and thoughts.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Just what we want. Robert Thomas. A player who absolutely refuses to ever shoot the puck. Joe would have a field day blasting him during the broadcast for overpassing and then the sentiment here would follow.

If the worst thing a player brings ia dumb commentary from Joe, that's fine by me.

Thomas to my eyes would be the perfect center for Kakko.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
There are some good 2/3C's that are going to be available for nothing but money and who should come on reasonably short deals:

The top-3 are probably:
Stastny
Kreijci
Bonino

I still think Danault would be ideal as far as where he could slot in the line-up but any of these (3) would definitely add a nice dimension to the team. Trade Strome and add one of these guys and allow Chytil to take on more minutes.

Kreijci is really interesting, I just wonder if he takes less on a 2 year deal to stay in Boston.

I agree Danault, on paper, is a great fit. He's looking to get paid thought. Turned down 6/30.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I would trade quite a bit for Robert Thomas if he were indeed available. He's pretty much exactly what this team needs moving forward as a compliment to someone like Chytil as a 2/3C
Thomas and Kyrou for Buchnevich would be my offer and I love Buchnevich as a player

Reactions: I Eat Crow

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
there is no hyperbole. This clown is the worst owner in sports. He was born rounding third and still manages to get thrown out at home plate. There is not a redeeming quality about him as a sports owner.

Worst owner in sports? Might be some homer bias.

When you compare other owners that have dismantled teams after championships.
Refused to field competent teams to save salary.
Blacked out home games on tv to "force you to attend home games"
Being a downright racist and/or mysogonist
Pretending like you are the smartest person in the room and declare yourself GM and can't get out of your own way then hire family members in other managerial positions with zero experience.

Should I go on? Dolan is bad...maybe top 5 bad...but there are far worse owners out there.

Reactions: DutchShamrock

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Robert Thomas is one of the lowest volume shooters in the league and doesn't do much of anything at ES. What is so alluring about him?

His age, at 21 years old, and his playing style would seem to fit this team like a glove. He would also be under contract for a while.

42 points in 66 games last year as a 20 year old is pretty alluring in only 14:34 average TOI per game. 46 takeaways to 30 giveaways last year is also a pretty positive stat for a 20 year old center.

His shot totals are way down this year for sure (like almost half of what he did last year if you extrapolate out)

Reactions: egelband

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
Worst owner in sports? Might be some homer bias.

When you compare other owners that have dismantled teams after championships.
Refused to field competent teams to save salary.
Blacked out home games on tv to "force you to attend home games"
Being a downright racist and/or mysogonist
Pretending like you are the smartest person in the room and declare yourself GM and can't get out of your own way then hire family members in other managerial positions with zero experience.

Should I go on? Dolan is bad...maybe top 5 bad...but there are far worse owners out there.

Dolan banned a fan for life for yelling “sell the team”.

Dolan fired a female employee for complaining about sexual harassment.

Dolan, a billionaire, spent his time sending a scathing vulgar filled letter to a fan.

Dolan put Isaiah Thomas, who happened to be the person the sexual harassment complaints were about, in charge of the Liberty.

Dolan banned Woody Allen from lounges because he didn’t want to do MSG promos.

Dolan was publicly called out by David Stern saying “they are not the model of intelligent management”. Not sure how many other owners get publicly called out by the commissioner like that.

Dolan gave sather free reign to make a mockery of this franchise until the NHL saved them post lockout.

this doesn’t even get into his relationship with Harvey Weinstein, his feud with Charles Oakley, the Garden’s lack of responses to racial and social occurrences, and the ridiculous out of the blue firings of JD and Gorton.

If Dolan is not the worst owner in sports, then he’s 1B. The guy is that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad