Speculation: Roster Building Thread IV (2021 Offseason) - Bob Dylan turns 80 & "The times they are a changing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
1 more loss away from Mike Sullivan as our new HC! If he gets the axe we will have to send Jarry a gift basket
Seriously. Pittsburgh has looked like an extremely well coached team in this series. They have played hard, very hard. They have looked prepared for what was coming from the Islanders with the physical play. Wave after wave of attacks. Solid forechecking. Matching the physicality and compete. Penetrating the Islanders defensive structure. If it wasn’t for Jarry, and Sorokin, Sullivan and the Pens would have already won this series.

I hope PIT fires him

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
1 more loss away from Mike Sullivan as our new HC! If he gets the axe we will have to send Jarry a gift basket
Penguins won't fire Sullivan. ill be shocked if they do. Rangers had Sullivan, during the Torts era. no way is bring him back. but if they do what we're gonna have Sullivan as coach and Torts as one of his Assistants :huh::help:

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
posted this in the be a GM thread but it should be here too

___

disgusting stat that puts our need for a better bottom pair in context

Rangers with Smith-Hajek on the ice: 41.65% CF and 43.31% xGF

without them the Rangers were 52.5% CF and 54.41% xGF

Hajek had one of the worst seasons i've ever seen an NHL D have. he simply cannot be back next year.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Great story. Thanks... I really needed something like this precisely now at this exact moment.

My 3,5 year old daughter (Aurora) spent the last week in the intensive care (neurological unit) due to a mystical and non-defined neurological attack/breakdown. She had this initial attack/seizure and breakdown less than 2 weeks ago at her doctors office during a routine visit for what appeared to be a light spring cold (not at all acting strange, crying or anything really extraordinary beforehand - jut slight fever, runny nose and a bit tired, which is unusual). But we went to her ordinary physician (GP) just to be on the safe side anyways. She smiled and said “Bye Daddy” (CoVid restrictions now allow only one parent inside the doctors office here in Poland) when she left our car and went into the office with her Mother/my wife.

But a mere 20 minutes later, my suddenly hysterical wife comes running out with an unrecognizable Aurora in her arms. She is having serious cramps, her neck is in an awkward frozen backwards position and she has totally gone in a catatonic state whilst making awful sounds. We DRIVE to the hospital ultra fast "Aurora is having a neurological attack - we cannot wait for an ambulance" my wife Karolina says repeatedly. I drove like a maniac, under horrific circumstances, through a busy downtown traffic in my 400+ hp Jaguar, reaching the hospital pretty fast (but it seemed like ages) - which was fortunately pretty closeby. But that is the first time ever my wife yelled at me to drive faster. That is for sure.

Well there - she was in the ER within seconds and under their care. She was by then passed out and remained so for several hours. It came straight Out of the Blue. She was therafter sedated in isolation at the intensive care unit at the neurolgy clinic at the hospital for a few days. Karolina was there with her (only one parent applies here as well). But, after a multitude of tests - they still do not know what it was. They did multiple cat-scans (MRI +) of body and brain and the brain is seemingly fine. And every other test you can think of. They thereby excluded that it was a stroke, aneurysm, heart attack, epileptic attack or something like that. Originally they thought it was a heart attack as her EKG was at first off the charts. She also at first had very high CRP levels, but they subsided quickly and are now normal.

When she was released from the hospital
the following statement was issued: "We will take no more tests as we have found no serious deficiencies with or disease in Aurora. We are very relieved that Aurora is seemingly fine", and then added that "the human body is not completely known yet, so this could be a one time attack connected to her ongoing light infection, exhaustion maybe also combined with fears. We may never therefore know what happened or why." So I guess that was it by the so called PROs conclusion. But... the head doctors at the hospital (upon her release) immediately and relentlessly wanted to put her on a 2 year plan of medication treatment for epilepsy - despite the fact that all the epilepsy tests were negative. Auroras GP however disagreed with this treatment and diagnosis. She was - good to remember - also under their medical ward for almost the entire seizure (~25 minutes) - yet they still have not been able to determine what it actually was and what caused it. They are but mere drug dealers it seems! Furious was too light of a word right tosummarize my state ofmind. 4 sho! . We naturally refused this "offer" - to their pathetic vocal protests

We now think it is possibly something COVID related (she had COVid for 6 weeks last autumn - but she tested negative now/but no antibodies test taken). She is still right now very weak, sore,vomits randomly and has unfortunately had several minor relapses/seizures/passes out. Just to point out, she was also diagnosed with selective mutism this spring (after having CoVid) as she suddenly refused to talk to anyone at all in her daycare for over 3 months. Which was never a problem before. But that suddenly subsidead and the diagnosis was then reversed by a second professionals opinion. Nothing is simple it seems. Damn...

But many professional people that I know, outside the normalized system, believe it could either be multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C - which is almost certainly derived from her previous CoVid infection) - or something entitled encephalitis. I dunno. Sorry for the totally irrelevant RANT btw...
Prayers for your family

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I can’t believe the Penguins would fire Sullivan off of this series. They’ve played hard and are being killed by bad goaltending. No more, no less.

The only way he gets whacked is if there’s a personality conflict with Hextall.

You are assuming Brian Burke and Ron Hextall will be rational, level headed management. I don't share your confidence!!

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

___

Hajek had one of the worst seasons i've ever seen an NHL D have. he simply cannot be back next year.

Hajek is only in the lineup because it shows the lack of depth and how the Schneider, Robertson, Reunanen, aint NHL ready yet to replace him full time. . hope to see more of Jones, Reunanen, and yes even Geersten before I see anymore of Hajek. he is an Euro player/AHL player depth at best. forced into the lineup due to no one else to replace him full-time

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

___

This just in, team with over 20 million in dead cap has depth problems.

Seriously though, this shouldn't surprise you and you can be assured that this won't be a problem come next season.

Reactions: leetch99

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Hajek is only in the lineup because it shows the lack of depth and how the Schneider, Robertson, Reunanen, aint NHL ready yet to replace him full time. . hope to see more of Jones, Reunanen, and yes even Geersten before I see anymore of Hajek. he is an Euro player/AHL player depth at best. forced into the lineup due to no one else to replace him full-time
I’ll have you know that our FO insisted...INSISTED on TB including Hajek in any trade for McDonagh.

edit: :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: romba and pld459666

JayAB81

Oct 18, 2020
Hopefully Nils comes over, and they can find someone to pair with him on the 3rd line. I want to see more of Zac Jones, and Reunanen, also looking forward to seeing Schneider if he's invited to camp(he should be right?).

As for Buch, I actually hope they keep him.

I was on The Athletic, won't post anything, but the author was going over the Rangers cap, and what evolving hockey has for projected numbers, I think it was like $6.3M on a long term deal for Buch. And for some reason $1.53M for Howden, like WTF? Even crazier, the market value for Fox after next season was $13.7M AAV, I think that would be the max allowed, idk the cap well enough, hope Fox gives the Rangers a nice discount, he does deserve more than Trouba, thing will be, will he sign long term, or a bridge 3yr like deal that Lindgren signed?

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Even crazier, the market value for Fox after next season was $13.7M AAV, I think that would be the max allowed, idk the cap well enough, hope Fox gives the Rangers a nice discount, he does deserve more than Trouba, thing will be, will he sign long term, or a bridge 3yr like deal that Lindgren signed?

I was scrolling through elite prospects and it lists, that Lindgrens 925 000 contract runs until 23/24. Got me excited that I missed something here.

Screenshot_20210525_110303.jpg

Reactions: JayAB81

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Hopefully Nils comes over, and they can find someone to pair with him on the 3rd line. I want to see more of Zac Jones, and Reunanen, also looking forward to seeing Schneider if he's invited to camp(he should be right?).

As for Buch, I actually hope they keep him.

I was on The Athletic, won't post anything, but the author was going over the Rangers cap, and what evolving hockey has for projected numbers, I think it was like $6.3M on a long term deal for Buch. And for some reason $1.53M for Howden, like WTF? Even crazier, the market value for Fox after next season was $13.7M AAV, I think that would be the max allowed, idk the cap well enough, hope Fox gives the Rangers a nice discount, he does deserve more than Trouba, thing will be, will he sign long term, or a bridge 3yr like deal that Lindgren signed?
Fox isn’t getting 13 mill per lol. That’s crazy town. 8or8.5x8 is most likely his deal

Reactions: JayAB81

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

___

These are obviously awful numbers but I do wonder what the average stats are for third pairings across the league. The baseline certainly is not 50%. I don't really feel like spending the time to do this myself or to pick through the moneypuck pairing list to figure it out.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Potentially yes, according to Bobbop and an article from the Athletic.

Just what we want. Robert Thomas. A player who absolutely refuses to ever shoot the puck. Joe would have a field day blasting him during the broadcast for overpassing and then the sentiment here would follow.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I can't imagine Hextall and Burke firing Sullivan just because Jarry is a disaster, if they lose this series its more on the FO not bringing someone in at the deadline than it is Sullivan.

Regarding Robert Thomas, do we think hes a C long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad