Speculation: Roster Building Thread IV (2021 Offseason) - Bob Dylan turns 80 & "The times they are a changing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Oh well... Hope you all are well. Pretty far from it right now...
There was a property next to our farm on PEI and the family that lived there in the 1800's had hard times, one son drowned in the old well and another son named Peter Emberly dies in a lumber camp in New Brunswick....it was of the latter that they say Dylan based one of his songs on . We used to play hockey on the old farm all the time as kids . Peter Emberly -- Source of Bob Dylan's "Ballad of Donald White (Manfred Helfert, 1996) ...I know , I know...a bit off topic but it's a long off season . I did see Dylan in the thread title and we did play hockey there .... I'm sure somebody will say it is not true LOL.....

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
A name that wouldn’t surprise me?

And forget the idea that we’d bring in anyone under 25 right now

is David Krejci. Wouldn’t surprise me for a second.

in fact wouldn’t surprise me to see chara and krejci here next year to help bring these kids along.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
There was a property next to our farm on PEI and the family that lived there in the 1800's had hard times, one son drowned in the old well and another son named Peter Emberly dies in a lumber camp in New Brunswick....it was of the latter that they say Dylan based one of his songs on . We used to play hockey on the old farm all the time as kids . Peter Emberly -- Source of Bob Dylan's "Ballad of Donald White (Manfred Helfert, 1996) ...I know , I know...a bit off topic but it's a long off season . I did see Dylan in the thread title and we did play hockey there .... I'm sure somebody will say it is not true LOL.....

Great story. Thanks... I really needed something like this precisely now at this exact moment.

My 3,5 year old daughter (Aurora) spent the last week in the intensive care (neurological unit) due to a mystical and non-defined neurological attack/breakdown. She had this initial attack/seizure and breakdown less than 2 weeks ago at her doctors office during a routine visit for what appeared to be a light spring cold (not at all acting strange, crying or anything really extraordinary beforehand - jut slight fever, runny nose and a bit tired, which is unusual). But we went to her ordinary physician (GP) just to be on the safe side anyways. She smiled and said “Bye Daddy” (CoVid restrictions now allow only one parent inside the doctors office here in Poland) when she left our car and went into the office with her Mother/my wife.

But a mere 20 minutes later, my suddenly hysterical wife comes running out with an unrecognizable Aurora in her arms. She is having serious cramps, her neck is in an awkward frozen backwards position and she has totally gone in a catatonic state whilst making awful sounds. We DRIVE to the hospital ultra fast "Aurora is having a neurological attack - we cannot wait for an ambulance" my wife Karolina says repeatedly. I drove like a maniac, under horrific circumstances, through a busy downtown traffic in my 400+ hp Jaguar, reaching the hospital pretty fast (but it seemed like ages) - which was fortunately pretty closeby. But that is the first time ever my wife yelled at me to drive faster. That is for sure.

Well there - she was in the ER within seconds and under their care. She was by then passed out and remained so for several hours. It came straight Out of the Blue. She was therafter sedated in isolation at the intensive care unit at the neurolgy clinic at the hospital for a few days. Karolina was there with her (only one parent applies here as well). But, after a multitude of tests - they still do not know what it was. They did multiple cat-scans (MRI +) of body and brain and the brain is seemingly fine. And every other test you can think of. They thereby excluded that it was a stroke, aneurysm, heart attack, epileptic attack or something like that. Originally they thought it was a heart attack as her EKG was at first off the charts. She also at first had very high CRP levels, but they subsided quickly and are now normal.

When she was released from the hospital
the following statement was issued: "We will take no more tests as we have found no serious deficiencies with or disease in Aurora. We are very relieved that Aurora is seemingly fine", and then added that "the human body is not completely known yet, so this could be a one time attack connected to her ongoing light infection, exhaustion maybe also combined with fears. We may never therefore know what happened or why." So I guess that was it by the so called PROs conclusion. But... the head doctors at the hospital (upon her release) immediately and relentlessly wanted to put her on a 2 year plan of medication treatment for epilepsy - despite the fact that all the epilepsy tests were negative. Auroras GP however disagreed with this treatment and diagnosis. She was - good to remember - also under their medical ward for almost the entire seizure (~25 minutes) - yet they still have not been able to determine what it actually was and what caused it. They are but mere drug dealers it seems! Furious was too light of a word right tosummarize my state ofmind. 4 sho! . We naturally refused this "offer" - to their pathetic vocal protests

We now think it is possibly something COVID related (she had COVid for 6 weeks last autumn - but she tested negative now/but no antibodies test taken). She is still right now very weak, sore,vomits randomly and has unfortunately had several minor relapses/seizures/passes out. Just to point out, she was also diagnosed with selective mutism this spring (after having CoVid) as she suddenly refused to talk to anyone at all in her daycare for over 3 months. Which was never a problem before. But that suddenly subsidead and the diagnosis was then reversed by a second professionals opinion. Nothing is simple it seems. Damn...

But many professional people that I know, outside the normalized system, believe it could either be multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C - which is almost certainly derived from her previous CoVid infection) - or something entitled encephalitis. I dunno. Sorry for the totally irrelevant RANT btw...

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
A name that wouldn’t surprise me?

And forget the idea that we’d bring in anyone under 25 right now

is David Krejci. Wouldn’t surprise me for a second.

in fact wouldn’t surprise me to see chara and krejci here next year to help bring these kids along.

Neither player is signing here.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Great story. Thanks... I really needed something like this precisely now at this exact moment.

My 3,5 year old daughter (Aurora) spent the last week in the intensive care (neurological unit) due to a mystical and non-defined neurological attack/breakdown. She had this initial attack/seizure and breakdown less than 2 weeks ago at her doctors office during a routine visit for what appeared to be a light spring cold (not at all acting strange, crying or anything really extraordinary beforehand - jut slight fever, runny nose and a bit tired, which is unusual). But we went to her ordinary physician (GP) just to be on the safe side anyways. She smiled and said “Bye Daddy” (CoVid restrictions now allow only one parent inside the doctors office here in Poland) when she left our car and went into the office with her Mother/my wife.

But a mere 20 minutes later, my suddenly hysterical wife comes running out with an unrecognizable Aurora in her arms. She is having serious cramps, her neck is in an awkward frozen backwards position and she has totally gone in a catatonic state whilst making awful sounds. We DRIVE to the hospital ultra fast "Aurora is having a neurological attack - we cannot wait for an ambulance" my wife Karolina says repeatedly. I drove like a maniac, under horrific circumstances, through a busy downtown traffic in my 400+ hp Jaguar, reaching the hospital pretty fast (but it seemed like ages) - which was fortunately pretty closeby. But that is the first time ever my wife yelled at me to drive faster. That is for sure.

Well there - she was in the ER within seconds and under their care. She was by then passed out and remained so for several hours. It came straight Out of the Blue. She was therafter sedated in isolation at the intensive care unit at the neurolgy clinic at the hospital for a few days. Karolina was there with her (only one parent applies here as well). But, after a multitude of tests - they still do not know what it was. They did multiple cat-scans (MRI +) of body and brain and the brain is seemingly fine. And every other test you can think of. They thereby excluded that it was a stroke, aneurysm, heart attack, epileptic attack or something like that. Originally they thought it was a heart attack as her EKG was at first off the charts. She also at first had very high CRP levels, but they subsided quickly and are now normal.

the following statement was issued: "We will take no more tests as we have found no serious deficiencies with or disease in Aurora. We are very relieved that Aurora is seemingly fine", and then added that "the human body is not completely known yet, so this could be a one time attack connected to her ongoing light infection, exhaustion maybe also combined with fears. We may never therefore know what happened or why." So I guess that was it by the so called PROs conclusion. But... the head doctors at the hospital (upon her release) immediately and relentlessly wanted to put her on a 2 year plan of medication treatment for epilepsy - despite the fact that all the epilepsy tests were negative. Auroras GP however disagreed with this treatment and diagnosis. She was - good to remember - also under their medical ward for almost the entire seizure (~25 minutes) - yet they still have not been able to determine what it actually was and what caused it. They are but mere drug dealers it seems! Furious was too light of a word right tosummarize my state ofmind. 4 sho! . We naturally refused this "offer" - to their pathetic vocal protests

We now think it is possibly something COVID related (she had COVid for 6 weeks last autumn - but she tested negative now/but no antibodies test taken). She is still right now very weak, sore,vomits randomly and has unfortunately had several minor relapses/seizures/passes out. Just to point out, she was also diagnosed with selective mutism this spring (after having CoVid) as she suddenly refused to talk to anyone at all in her daycare for over 3 months. Which was never a problem before. But that suddenly subsidead and the diagnosis was then reversed by a second professionals opinion. Nothing is simple it seems. Damn...

But many professional people that I know, outside the normalized system, believe it could either be multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C - which is almost certainly derived from her previous CoVid infection) - or something entitled encephalitis. I dunno. Sorry for the totally irrelevant RANT btw...
My Nephew had Menningitis 25 years ago and made a full recovery after spending a few days in an induced coma on account of brain swelling . He is as normal as anything these days after a full recovery and no long term side effects . He had been always healthy and rugged kid at that point before he got sick out of the blue. They have no idea how he got it . I will say a prayer for your little girl tonight BBKers....Thank you for letting us in . I remember when it happened to my nephew and a forum I frequented at that time was very supportive and helpful . I'm sure many others will also offer up a prayer for you and your little girl. Take care.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Hope your daughter recovers quickly without a hitch, that’s got to be terrifying

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada

Oh my. I hope your daughter is OK; I hope they find out what's wrong with her. I wish her a full recovery. Stay strong, if possible.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Really like Krejci the player always raises his game in big moments. Worry is he has some hard miles on him.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

hang in there and hopefully this gets worked out. Aurora is way too young to be dealing with shit like this. Best wishes to your family.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

Yeah, my wife is a nurse and agrees with MIS-C. I got some prayers coming your way.

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
'shadows are falling and I've been here all day'
'it's too hot to sleep and time is running away'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad