Roster Building Thread IV (2019/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I'm prob totally wrong but I just feel like it never takes the nyr this long to get these rfa's signed any word on what could be the holdup currently? Or on what's being offered?

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
They have no leverage, especially lemieux. They'll sign soon and most likely before training camp. Patience, rfas in other markets that are actual stars are still waiting for their contract. Let them pout, they dont have a choice. Next season is their payday and I think theyre aware of it.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
IIRC Dubinsky's holdout was what put Cally ahead of him in many fans' minds, where Dubi had been the more popular of the two prior to that. I could be wrong on this one though.

I do remember it being held against him throughout the rest of his NYR tenure though.
Didn’t he have a down year and get traded the next off season?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think point benefits from a really great team. Im always skeptical of someone who plays with superstars. Im happy with the route we took.

He's a bit like Draisaitl...definitely gets a boost with the talent he plays with but still an elite (or close to it) player. Better than someone like Sean Monahan who's more of a leecher.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I'm prob totally wrong but I just feel like it never takes the nyr this long to get these rfa's signed any word on what could be the holdup currently? Or on what's being offered?
They have to move someone to make room under the cap which complicates the process. It's not the regular game of chicken.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'm not shocked there's a single example I'm just making the point that I feel like we generally get it done much more quickly. Plus I wanted to know if anyone had any idea about what was being asked in terms of...well...term.

ADA’s camp is fighting for Trouba’s contract, or Trouba’s puppy.

Lemieux wants whatever ADA doesn’t get.

That’s what my sources have been telling me.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Carp in this podcast says we were going to offer sheet Point until we signed Panarin. FF to 1:01:30

You know, to be honest, we all almost laugh this off — but facts are that the reports from that time were true in many regards. I wonder if we seriously were considering an offer-sheet?

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Re the timing of TDA and Lemieux’s signing, let’s not forget that it is a fact that Gorton is looking to dump contracts as we speak, and that if he where to be successful with that, these guys would surely get paid more.

Not saying that they won’t hold out or will sign by a certain date, but there is certainly no reason for them to sign in good time before camp starts and before Gorton can conclude that he won’t be able to move anyone.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The other Rangers player who held out had a little more experience than ADA and Lemieux. ADA is a talented player. Former 1st round pick. Right handed shooting D. He is with his 3rd NHL team already at the age of 23. He turns 24 in October. This type of player shouldn't be on his 3rd NHL team. The Rangers don't know what they have in this player. Do the Rangers trust this guy? Maturity issues. Sign the one year QO. Have a good season. File for salary arbitration next July 5.

Lemieux is represented by his father. He knows how the contract stuff works.

Both of them need the 4th year to become arbitration eligible. They can play in Europe and want to return to the NHL in 2020-21. Guess what? They will be the same spot.

My favorite part of the Carp interview was talking about the Rangers outlook for this season. They will be younger than last season. Quinn didn't give major minutes to the young players last season. Looking at the Rangers roster, Quinn doesn't many other options this season.

They still had Zuccarello and Hayes playing major minutes. Especially Hayes who played nearly 20 minutes or more in every game.

Kevin Hayes

He discussed how poor defensively the Rangers will be. Hayes and Zuccarello were good two way players for the Rangers. The players replacing them are either young or not good defensively like Panarin.

I hope Strome doesn't get those minutes allocated to Hayes last season. That's not serving the cause.

Reactions: egelband

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Re the timing of TDA and Lemieux’s signing, let’s not forget that it is a fact that Gorton is looking to dump contracts as we speak, and that if he where to be successful with that, these guys would surely get paid more.

Not saying that they won’t hold out or will sign by a certain date, but there is certainly no reason for them to sign in good time before camp starts and before Gorton can conclude that he won’t be able to move anyone.

Gorton has been trying to move players for the last 3-4 months. What's going to change in the next 15 days? 1/2 of the NHL teams are looking to move money.

Gorton has said another move isn't coming to create more space and the money is already there for both players.

USAT: But you’re saying you do not think another move — trade or otherwise — is necessary to create more wiggle room?

JG: No, not right now. Not in order to sign them. I think we can sign them right now and feel comfortable with how it fits going forward.

$874,125.

They can wait until September 12th.

Reactions: egelband and Ola

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
They have to move someone to make room under the cap which complicates the process. It's not the regular game of chicken.

Beleskey and Nieves are sent packing to Hartford. That creates an additional 1.8 on top of the space we already have.

Then we can send down Smith and save an additional million and have just under 4 million in space.

I personally would carry 13 forwards and 7 defenders meaning we have to get Pepe Jr. And ADA signed for their QOs in order to have some pocket money for the season.

Reactions: ohbaby

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Beleskey and Nieves are sent packing to Hartford. That creates an additional 1.8 on top of the space we already have.

Then we can send down Smith and save an additional million and have just under 4 million in space.

I personally would carry 13 forwards and 7 defenders meaning we have to get Pepe Jr. And ADA signed for their QOs in order to have some pocket money for the season.

Sending down belesky and Nieves doesn’t clear any space cause no one is counting them, it’s assumed that belesky is buried and we have 13 forwards without Nieves and McKegg, if either makes the team another forward goes down to offset the cap hit

And sending smith down only saves you $1 mil if you don’t need to replace him. Save less than 300k if he is replaced. You aren’t keeping a kid in the press box. So who is the 7th d?

Reactions: ohbaby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad