Roster Building Thread III (2022-23): Witty title incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I was listening to Chris Johnston's podcast from yesterday. He thought the rental prices are going down.

Barbashev for a prospect. The Blues were looking for a 1st or a 2nd and a prospect. CJ said the market felt the Boston 1st was the last 1st to be traded for a rental.

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We should get involved with Meier to jack up the price.

P.S... Compare our top picks to Jersey from 2017..

Jersey - Hischier, Smith, Hughes, Holtz, Mercer, - Luke Hughes
Rangers - Lias, Chytil, Kravtsov, KAM, Lundkvist, Kakko, Laffy, Schneider, - Othmann

At this point, they by far have the more impact players. Yes, they are allowed to do whatever they want and get ALL the offensive chances. We have volume, even missing on some major top picks.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Man it’s going to be unbearable in here if the Devils get Meier.
For good reason. Let’s see the return, but my guess is that it will be for less than what we paid for Tarasenko and Kane combined and he is the far superior player to both at this point. He’s the perfect fit for that team and they will be a PROBLEM with him in the lineup, as if they aren’t already.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
I would rather him than Harpur. Especially if schedules for both HFD & NYR lineup with ease of travel & the Rangers have a favorable opponent
If Lindgren is out for a while, any chance Robertson gets a look?
Calling him up would mean more salary cap space being taken up and prolonging “The Trade”. If anything the Rangers need to call up a forward for today’s game that they can send back down right after the game. Maybe give Trivigno a look or bring up Cullye again.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
How has Robertson looked in Hartford this year?

Wasn't he Schneider's partner there for a while?

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
We should get involved with Meier to jack up the price.

P.S... Compare our top picks to Jersey from 2017..

Jersey - Hischier, Smith, Hughes, Holtz, Mercer, - Luke Hughes
Rangers - Lias, Chytil, Kravtsov, KAM, Lundkvist, Kakko, Laffy, Schneider, - Othmann

At this point, they by far have the more impact players. Yes, they are allowed to do whatever they want and get ALL the offensive chances. We have volume, even missing on some major top picks.
I'll say this in mild defense of gorton.
The 6-10 range of the 17 and 18 drafts were not good.

Look at 17. After petterson (who was our target) you go on a run of absolute nothing until suzuki at 13.
Looking at 18. After Tkachuk and hughes (and Hayton was a major reach at 5) youve got farabee at 14, but Im not sure hes that worth a top 10 pick.

Flipping Lias into cuylle though? That seems like a win for us at this point.
I really do think Krav is an NHL talent, just definitely doesn't want to earn a spot and work for it. Now will that work better on a team like vancouver where they're starting the rebuild vs where we are? Absolutely. But he may never win a playoff game in his career.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
For good reason. Let’s see the return, but my guess is that it will be for less than what we paid for Tarasenko and Kane combined and he is the far superior player to both at this point. He’s the perfect fit for that team and they will be a PROBLEM with him in the lineup, as if they aren’t already.

Sharks want Mercer, would you have been willing to trade a Kid for him? I might’ve.

The problem was the salary they just can’t fit the contract extension. Rangers can’t control the fact that the Devils need a winger. If he was going anywhere else no one would care.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
How has Robertson looked in Hartford this year?

Wasn't he Schneider's partner there for a while?
Going by what I read, Robertson still prob needs another year, he hasnt taken the steps he was supposed to.

Sharks want Mercer, would you have been willing to trade a Kid for him? I might’ve.

The problem was the salary they just can’t fit the contract extension. Rangers can’t control the fact that the Devils need a winger. If he was going anywhere else no one would care.
By Kid you mean Kakko/laf or Chytil?

I like Meier but god no. Kakko looks like the foundation of our future, Laf is starting to play with more confidence and speed, and Chytil is just shy of looking like mika when he first came over to us (exact same age).

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Going by what I read, Robertson still prob needs another year, he hasnt taken the steps he was supposed to.

I like Meier but god no. Kakko looks like the foundation of our future, Laf is starting to play with more confidence and speed, and Chytil is just shy of looking like mika when he first came over to us (exact same age).
Ah that's unfortunate, thanks

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Apparently, the Sharks want Dawson Mercer in the trade.
Meier is an RFA. Any team acquiring him is going to have to give up at least once piece that hurts. For the Devils that's probably Mercer or Sherengovich. My ask from NJ would be one of those players, that Russian defenseman taken in the 1st in 2020, 2023 1st, conditional 2024 pick that turns into a 1st if Meier re-signs in NJ, otherwise it's a 2024 3rd.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kreider Zibs Kakko -
Matchup line. Possession line. We can't have another 30%xG Zibs line in the playoffs. Kakko helps them maintain offensive zone time and can be used for defensive/late game purposes. To this day, it's been our best analytical line all season.... but we have smart coaches.

Panarin Chytil Kane -
PURE offense. Chytil is Anisimov. Hopefully the old guys still got that magic and as long as they score more than they allow, we're golden. Do not sniff the ice late game holding a lead.

Laffy Trocheck Tank -
'3rd' matchup line. Should be able to play a possession/cycle game. Trocheck could lead with zone entries. Relentless forecheck. Could produce nice scoring depth.

Motte Goodrow Vesey
Matchup line. Solid forechecking. Solid 4th line.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If Lindgren is out for a while, any chance Robertson gets a look?

I hope so.

Kid turns 22 in a couple weeks. That's still I think a slightly earlier-than-average time to debut in the NHL as a defensive prospect. It just feels like it's been a long time since he was drafted. He's still a real prospect with value.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Agreed. I do think the kids need to play with consistency though

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Just because they want Mercer doesn’t mean they’ll get him. They’ll probably concede on Holtz+ and go from there.

If we were in the same boat and had to move Othmann+, I would’ve done it too. Meier is a stud.

If Meier is coming with an extension they’ll need to give up more. SJ wants young roster players

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Just because they want Mercer doesn’t mean they’ll get him. They’ll probably concede on Holtz+ and go from there.

If we were in the same boat and had to move Othmann+, I would’ve done it too. Meier is a stud.
Meier is a stud. I dont think anyone will disagree with that. The problem is hes a rental. Othmann will be in the rangers top 9 next season and the following 4+. Essentially we'd be looking at a worse version of erat for forsberg.

Agreed. I do think the kids need to play with consistency though
Absolutely. But they're also kids. I think both laf and kakko will hit the peaks they were supposed to, I think it just may have taken longer than anyone expected at draft day. The thing is, I think both kakko and laf are 100% playoff players. Guys who fit the ideal game for doing better in the playoffs.
The devils have hughes, who might not make it 3 games through the playoffs.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Kreider Zibs Kakko -
Matchup line. Possession line. We can't have another 30%xG Zibs line in the playoffs. Kakko helps them maintain offensive zone time and can be used for defensive/late game purposes. To this day, it's been our best analytical line all season.... but we have smart coaches.

Panarin Chytil Kane -
PURE offense. Chytil is Anisimov. Hopefully the old guys still got that magic and as long as they score more than they allow, we're golden. Do not sniff the ice late game holding a lead.

Laffy Trocheck Tank -
'3rd' matchup line. Should be able to play a possession/cycle game. Trocheck could lead with zone entries. Relentless forecheck. Could produce nice scoring depth.

Motte Goodrow Vesey
Matchup line. Solid forechecking. Solid 4th line.

I like this. Similar strategy to what PIT had when they had Malkin, Crosby and Kessel on 3 different lines. You can always go back to the kids if the occasion calls for it

Reactions: skipmowerman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad