Roster Building Thread III (2022-23): Witty title incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Alright, took me awhile to get caught up. Tell me if I have this right.
Drury had to stop bleeding cap capital immediately so he waived Leschyshyn (because that is all he could do with a player he picked up on waivers) and he gets the money laundering team in the Kane deal (Vancouver) to take Kravtsov early? So Kravtsov is the compensation for the Canucks to eat Kane’s salary to make the larger deal(s) work…and Drury gets a 7th and a bottom 6 project to boot?
Genius (?) Drury not me.
We're all hoping that Kravtsov was the price for Vancouver picking up 25% of Kane, but we don't know that Kane's 25% was part of the consideration at all.

We also haven't seen what's going to Chicago.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
The Blues will do us a solid and prevent that.
I don't think the Blues are in on Meier anymore. The Kapanen pickup doesn't necessarily preclude them, but I think that was them saying to SJ- why give you anything at all? Also could have been a bluff.

I think they're still in on Chychrun.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Carolina got swept by the Ducks last night, Devils won last night, there is a realistic chance we get Carolina 1st round rather than the Devils. Thoughts on that ?

I say bring on the Jerks! Lol not sure I can stomach a 1st round with the Devils. lol
I would rather play any other team than the devils in the first round

I think I’m going to stay away from the board today.

Need a little period of reflection.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
If Vancouver is the 3rd party broker for Kane and the Kravtsov trade is the price for being the banker, Vancouver added VK for about $200K and a 7th. The difference between VK and Lockwood is $34K. Another $165K for the Kane part.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I have only been a fan of hockey, and the Rangers, since the early 80s for me, small black and white TV channel 9.

Rangers are one of the worst managed teams in the NHL.

Did they even watch Tarasenko before trading for him? Or did they just remember always liking him after passing on him for McIlrath in the draft? Ironically McIlrath played better yesterday than most of the Rangers defenders.

At this point they may as well trade everything they can to improve this iteration of the team, there is no future here which will not be slowly traded away for past their primes vets over the next decade of failed retools anyway.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I’m curious if the majority here watch other sports or only hockey? I absolutely only watch hockey

Mostly just hockey. Any team, and pretty much any level.

Also a Wrestling fan. Competed when I was younger and always follow the sport. Amazing discipline. NCAA D1 Nationals are on next month.

Some football, but not on a regular basis and not to where I could name more than 10 members of the NY Giants.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
I don't think the Blues are in on Meier anymore. The Kapanen pickup doesn't necessarily preclude them, but I think that was them saying to SJ- why give you anything at all? Also could have been a bluff.

I think they're still in on Chychrun.
Could be. Either way I think the price will hurt NJ if they acquire him. He’d be a good fit for them though.

Agreed on Chychrun.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So getting caught up… we can’t win games, we lost Kravtsov for nothing & we aren’t any better today than yesterday

59C556E2-811A-47DD-83AB-FC9CD62592F4.gif

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Kane to the Rangers just seems so perfect.
Can anyone show me an expected lineup up front that includes Kane?
I would love to see one projected for next season with player cap values included that allows us a bit in operating cap for the club and still potentially be a 100 point club . Where did all the fill in the blank guys go ....did Drury trade them ? C'mon guys...help an old fellow out .

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Carolina got swept by the Ducks last night, Devils won last night, there is a realistic chance we get Carolina 1st round rather than the Devils. Thoughts on that ?

I say bring on the Jerks! Lol not sure I can stomach a 1st round with the Devils. lol
It doesn't matter who this team is playing if they can't right the ship by April. I'm confident they can, but the Rangers would lose a best of 7 to the Sens right now.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Hockey has always been my favorite sport which is weird having been born and raised in NY. There are very few people who are hockey pucks living here. I was a big baseball kid growing up. Not so much now. Love the NFL. Like the NBA. I loved college basketball until the best players were allowed to leave school before their senior year. I loved Duke because everyone hated them. Watch college football on Saturday in the fall.
I watch every Giants game and a lot of football because I play fantasy.

I don’t watch as much baseball but again I play fantasy so I follow it.

I love baseball. The hardest part about baseball is it’s 162 games and between work, the wife, etc, I can’t justify spending 3 hours a day for 5 and a half months watching a game. So I’ll catch like 70-80 Mets games maybe and follow the rest.

Haven’t cared about basketball since the Sprewell/Camby era.

Never cared about college sports

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
What does Vegas even have left to offer for Meier? I guess the two obvious pieces are their 1st and Brisson. They’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to prospects. This team could be really bad relatively soon.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
He
Mikkola has been fine and a clear upgrade on Harpur. This is a 3rd pair D we are talking about
He has been scrambling....maybe attempting to do too much but I think once he becomes settled in more he will be a good playoff performer for us . His play might be the only good thing that comes out of the trade for the first rounder .....hope I'm wrong .

Reactions: bl02

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
The Devils allowed their young studs to become young studs and now they're in the mix for another stud at the beginning of his prime...

The Rangers suppressed their young studs to the point they're considered busts, added a washed up version of Tarasenko, are about to add a washed up version of Kane... wasted and traded several 1st round picks...

Same old Rongos. Same old Devils doing everything right.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
In the last month, the Rangers have:

Added
Tarasenko
Motte
Mikkola
Lockwood
‘26th 7th

Subtracted
Blais
Gauthier
Kravtsov
Skinner
‘23rd 1st
‘23rd 7th
‘24th 4th

Assigned to AHL
Cuylle
Hajek
Leschyshyn

Busy month and they’re not done yet.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
The whole team is playing on their heels. Recent quotes from Kreider confirm that. I’d say this is a team-wide accountability problem that the coach and the captain are ultimately responsible for.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad