Speculation: Roster Building Thread III (2021 Offseason) - “Simple Jack”, "Will over Skill", "Drury in a Hurry"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It might be a surprising concept to Americans but in other countries and cultures you can be friends with and work with people who have different political opinions than your own.

Not to be overly patriotic but there are countries with far larger political divisions than our own.

We are pretty bad right now but we aren’t in civil war territory

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
This may be nothing or it may be one of those remember where you heard it first notes.

One of my peeps told me today that the Blues are "unhappy" with Robert Thomas. He's a pending RFA and apparently (in their eyes) he really slid backwards this season. He may be available to solve some of the other Blues issues.

If true, that's a guy I would definitely be interested in hearing more about.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Not to be overly patriotic but there are countries with far larger political divisions than our own.
We are pretty bad right now but we aren’t in civil war territory
Aspirations, Actions, Entitled Privilege, Rage, Actual sequences of events and, sadly, the echoing voices of my innocent youth say otherwise...But OK. There are such countries that are worse off. True. I have been there and seen them. But being marginally better then a cesspool of a shithole still makes you nautiously smelly.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Not a parody. We need better depth and a better bottom d pair. We don’t need to improve much at center.

We need a center who can do the dirty things, win faceoffs, and play a full 200ft game. None of the centers you mentioned do any of that. Our skill is on the wings. I would be very disappointed if i see the same 4 centers trotted out there. Barron should be getting his time at 4th line, while strome HAS to go. He adds nothing to this team

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
This may be nothing or it may be one of those remember where you heard it first notes.

One of my peeps told me today that the Blues are "unhappy" with Robert Thomas. He's a pending RFA and apparently (in their eyes) he really slid backwards this season. He may be available to solve some of the other Blues issues.

Was in their article in the athletic today too.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
Oh..trying for 3 years to trade him...LMAO...it keeps getting better . So...they basically were trying to trade him before he even arrived from the Coyotes and yet signed him to two deals in 3 years. Were you and Gorton close ?

This past season was his 4th season within the organization, they realized quickly upon trading for him that he was not a fit, he was however an asset and needed to be signed in hopes of not losing him for nothing.

I could also care less about your giggles, just figured i'd relay something that i've heard from people that are either at or above Gorton's level while he was a part of the org. No sweat off my back, youre an internet stranger and so am I, I could care less if you believe me and I'm sure you could care less that I'm telling the truth.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Kravtsov for Thomas?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I do have factual info - everything that has been said by the Penguins ownership. I’m also using this thing we lawyers use called Logic. Your Crosby idea is wrong and bad. They are not even rebuilding, they fired one GM based on an ownership mandate to compete and they just finished at the top of the conference. Crosby is NEVER getting traded the the Rangers. Never ever ever. You’re wrong, move on from it.
Time will tell if he finishes as a Penguin and never traded . I can see him being traded and then coming back after this deal to finish. It's a business...stars get moved all the time . He likely has one more chance at the playoffs next season and then things start to happen . When they miss the playoffs watch the wheels fall off the wagon . Rangers moved on from the King when so many said it would never happen . Maybe you were in that camp ?

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
One way or another
This team needs to add 3-4 centers into the system with varying skill sets.
Keep the pick and even move up if possible.
There are more than enough assets to make a trade for one.
There is plenty of money to sign one.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Time will tell if he finishes as a Penguin and never traded . I can see him being traded and then coming back after this deal to finish. It's a business...stars get moved all the time . He likely has one more chance at the playoffs next season and then things start to happen . When they miss the playoffs watch the wheels fall off the wagon . Rangers moved on from the King when so many said it would never happen . Maybe you were in that camp ?
Rangers bought out Henrik, they didn't trade him to the Penguins. Not in any way, shape or form a similar thing to what you are suggesting. Once again, you are 1000% wrong, and are showing an inability to evaluate and also live in reality.

Reactions: Tom W and QJL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad