Speculation: Roster Building Thread III (2019/2020) - Tick Tock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don’t believe they have the Defense to back up the forward group. Don’t think they developed in that area.

I am not high on Frederik Andersson but he seems to be passable for their goaltending position. I know they added Muzzin and now Barrie, but they also just let Gardiner walk. Now of course the defense could be the better trade off there but bottom line is they didnt get the appropriate development on the backend.

In the scenario I quoted originally, we are assuming our defensive prospects pull through effectively. We just need 2 out of the 8-10 we value to be able to do so. We have increased our chances by accumulating a lot there.

Again just quoting the situation in which most of our prospects hit their ceiling.

Yes, the Leafs D overall is weak, but the situation you’re quoting is exactly what happened with the Leafs. The Leafs have had their top prospects hit their ceiling. Don’t forget that their top D prospect in all of this also became a #1D. They’re just somewhat lucky that they got Rielly to agree to a long-term deal before he broke out. Not sure I see us having the same luck.

They had 3 top forward prospects hit ceilings, a top D prospect hit his ceiling, and have a bonafide starter (he’s not elite, but he’s definitely a starter)... throw in the elite forward on a big contract... it’s pretty much the exact scenario I laid out.

There is no likelihood of a quick Cup in there. And the Leafs may still win one as long as they can get Marner out there without having to lose too much else.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
If there’s ever any discrepancy over my Post/Like ratio, take it up with these fine members who ironically have nothing to ever say, but always seem to like my posts.

Bless This Dress
Thirty Two
Nyr2k3
MegustaElNyr
Singndablues
BoppityBop
NyrFlyLine
ShooterScooter
Gaggleline
Rangerboiiiiii
Rangergirl
Rangerman