Speculation: Roster Building Thread I (2019/2020) - A Day in the Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I would also like to avoid any buyout if possible, but my main concern is getting the most for Kreider in a trade if he isn't extended and I believe a buyout will be necessary to do so.

To not have any buyouts and keep Chris we are talking about Gorton pulling a Flemish Giant rabbit out of a hat

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I would also like to avoid any buyout if possible, but my main concern is getting the most for Kreider in a trade if he isn't extended and I believe a buyout will be necessary to do so.

To not have any buyouts and keep Chris we are talking about Gorton pulling a Flemish Giant rabbit out of a hat

would make next season pretty interesting for sure

what if they were in a playoff spot at the trade deadline? Do you sell Kreider or self rent?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Just recapping the events up to today:

2JqryTc.png

Greg McKegg with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Let's spice it up a bit haha....Buy Out the King ! We have two capable young goalies ready...most depth at any position quality wise . Personally since he is so damn hard on the guys in front of him ....I would love to see him out of here especially with us having so many young D coming in in next 2-3 years . Don't get me wrong...I love what he has done for us...but this is a business and has to be ran like one . I have no idea on Cap savings for him ....but at 8.5 Million in salary...it has to be significant . Let him go back to Sweden for a year and then come back and resign for less money . He might be refreshed and invigorated after a year in Europe . If he feels as strong for the organization as many do for him....who knows ? Yup...outside the box ....:huh: Now...should I push the enter key or not...LOL...

Reactions: hi

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
I think Gorton is sitting on trade offers and he’s waiting for an impatient gm to raise the price to get the deal instead of risking Gorton going with somebody else.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Let’s all wait and see what we hear in the hour after 5pm, before we start speculating as to what may be going on. (I’ve actually just come up with a theory if they don’t buy anyone out, but I’ll wait to see if that’s the case first.)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lol, I knew nothing would happen. There was zero rumors anything would. Brooks just gave his opinion on something and people ran with it like it was happening. 5 will pass, nobody will be bought out and Kreider and maybe someone else will be traded by the time training camp starts.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I would think this would’ve been a done deal by know IFFFFFF this were the case & the offers were all acceptable.
Here’s my thoughts on this whole situation:
We’ve heard the front office isn’t keen on using a buyout and we’ve heard they don’t want to drag the Kreider thing out until the deadline and they haven’t talked to his agents about an extension. This front office has done a lot of work the past 2 years figuring out what the market looks like for their pieces. If there’s at least one offer out there that meets their minimum price of trading Kreider, there’s no need to use a buyout or rush the trade if they think they can get more from other teams (or even that same team).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad