Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXVI:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Probably not the most reliable source but...
Might as well throw this out here
Translates roughly to:
Reading that Vladimir Tkachev is going to a training camp with NYR. Here we speak top talent. Potential star player imo

Tkachyov cancelled his KHL deal a few days ago.
Unsure what else is going on

Good, good

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
For reference:
At 21 Tarasenko scored 32 points in the KHL, over 31 games on a much better team.

Tkachyov scored 39 in 49 on a worse team.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Sounds like he could be a cheap yet valuable signing to our forward needs, allowing us to spend the $$$ elsewhere... like Shattenkirk. :)

Tkachyov
Marleau
Shattenkirk
UFA Goalie

Find a taker for Staal even if it means dealing a pick(s)

Call it an offseason

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
No thanks to RNH. Would rather have just kept Stepan if all this leads to trading for RNH.

I don't think so--RNH is younger, faster, has a smaller AAV, and will cost much less to acquire (Chia is an idiot) than Stepan was.

Seriously, watch some of his highlights.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I don't think so--RNH is younger, faster, has a smaller AAV, and will cost much less to acquire (Chia is an idiot) than Stepan was.

Seriously, watch some of his highlights.

Over their careers Stepan is at .699 ppg and RNH is at .670 ppg, even if RNH is more talented, he's not a better player than Stepan

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Aren't BOTH small?

Yeah, Dadonov is a 5'11 speed and stickhandling wiz only playing wing. Not sure how a slow 6'4 center like Eric Staal comes into the picture as a comparable?? Must be a mix up.

Tkachev looks very interesting, but I am not sure if he is ready for the NHL. He would be a very good add to the organizational depth, but I think he is more of a AHL first then small role wing player. Until and if he can take another big step in his development.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Great news that Pouliot is hitting the market. You can never have too much speed on the wings. Hopefully they reach out to him.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Yeah, Dadonov is a 5'11 speed and stickhandling wiz only playing wing. Not sure how a slow 6'4 center like Eric Staal comes into the picture as a comparable?? Must be a mix up.

Tkachev looks very interesting, but I am not sure if he is ready for the NHL. He would be a very good add to the organizational depth, but I think he is more of a AHL first then small role wing player. Until and if he can take another big step in his development.

The Staal comparison was more about style of play than athleticism. Can't think of anyone else close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad