Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXV: July 1st Is Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Yzerman got poor value for Drouin and now they want Girardi so I'm not sure what is happeneing down there
The weather's great there, the girls are great there, and no one gives a **** about hockey. That's what's going on.
Yzermans decision making is surely influenced.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Sportsnet tweeting CBJ has interest in Kovalchuk

So Lundsanity wasnt far off

That's because credible sources have linked Kovy to CBus.

Nothing credible has said that Kovy is specifically willing to sign+trade to just CBus and NYR.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Kovalchuk may opt back to the khl if he can’t get trade to nyr or cbj

http://fulltiltnyr.com/rumor-kovalchuk-may-opt-back-khl-cant-get-trade-nyr-cbj/

A New Jersey Devils source has confirmed that Kovalchuk has been granted permission to talk contract terms with the two clubs on his list. In order for Kovalchuk to become a member of the NYR or CBJ, he must first sign a deal with the New Jersey Devils, then be traded to his destination in a “sign and tradeâ€.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Call me nuts, but if we're going in on a right-handed scoring winger for the powerplay I'd sooner take a chance on Vanek for a year and no assets than Kovalchuk on a big deal whilst trading assets to the Devils.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If the difference is:

Smith: 3 years, $3.5m AAV
Shattenkirk: 7 years, $7.5m AAV

I want Smith.

If it's:

Smith: 4 years, $4m AAV
Shattenkirk: 6 years, $6.5m AAV

I want Shattenkirk.

They likely spend on both

On paper a McD, Shatty , Skjei , smith , Staal , deangeko , berzeglov is solid

Depends on ufa price

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If possible, would anyone do Staal for Bjugstad as the framework for a deal?

Marc looked like he was ready to entire the twilight of his career for a 60 game stretch last year. FLA's a sunny place.

FLA desperately needs NHLers.

Yes!!!!

Rangers need a center. Issue is Florida has too many RD's. Make it a bigger deal and include Demers?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Why? I believe you're in the minority on that, unless the contract ask is outrageous.

The book on him is that he's pretty mediocre during the regular season, right now I'm not sure how much the Rangers will really be contending for a playoff spot this season. I don't love the idea of giving him $4m for 4 years. I won't be mad if they do sign him to that contract, but I won't be relieved that he's back. I don't think he's a guy that needs to be signed or even on the team, I just kind of feel meh about all of it

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What would Burmistrov reasonably cost? Most Russian players feel comfortable in NYC. Could they work out a 2 year lower salary ala Grabner?

Gorton would be bringing in a player entering his prime with some upside left at a position of need. It would be a real good opportunity for him too as no matter the line he plays on, he will be playing with solid players. Theoretically Fast and Grabner could be 4th liners next season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes!!!!

Rangers need a center. Issue is Florida has too many RD's. Make it a bigger deal and include Demers?

That's a terrible idea. Bjugstad is a slug. The play with Florida is to get Trocheck using McDonagh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad