Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXV: July 1st Is Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm guessing its going to take 4.5M or something like that to keep Smith off the market.

I don't think Smith is worth that over a lengthy term.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But beggars can't be choosers in this case.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He was actually ok away from Staal and he's dirt cheap.. but yeah I would trade him too and let a kid play.

This I agree with. Away from Staal he was fine. For 1.65 he's a solid option as a #6 D. Staal is about as good as a #8 at this point.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Dan Girardi to the Lightning. Elliotte Friedman was on the NHL Network tonight. He heard Girardi to Tampa is a possibility. Ryan Callahan is there. They are very good friends. Their families are also very close.

Elliotte said teams believe Thornton is not leaving San Jose and it will take a 3 year contract to make him leave San Jose.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Dan Girardi to the Lightning. Elliotte Friedman was on the NHL Network tonight. He heard Girardi to Tampa is a possibility. Ryan Callahan is there. They are very good friends. Their families are also very close.

Elliotte said teams believe Thornton is not leaving San Jose and it will take a 3 year contract to make him leave San Jose.

The Girardi-Stralman cycle would be complete

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
nhlrumorsdaily on twitter actually posted it.. so who knows..

had the Stepan interest to AZ before any of the big wigs tho, and has been right in the past (and wrong tho).

Like I said...not credible.

And the Stepan-Arizona connection has existed since last year's TDL. Not new.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey

Feels like the NYR '18 1st rounder is involved somehow. Snow will pick it up with the 2 2nds he has.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The Girardi-Stralman cycle would be complete

Holy **** I didn't even think about that :laugh:

You can't say they're 100% not credible. been right on quite a few in the past.

That dude was ousted as a 14 year old kid like 3 years ago. None of those "insiders" are real. They all just spam everything they see from different beat writers and the main guys.

Sportsnet tweeting CBJ has interest in Kovalchuk

So Lundsanity wasnt far off

Uh, Larry Brooks wrote this a week ago?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If possible, would anyone do Staal for Bjugstad as the framework for a deal?

Marc looked like he was ready to entire the twilight of his career for a 60 game stretch last year. FLA's a sunny place.

FLA desperately needs NHLers.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey

Marc looked like he was ready to entire the twilight of his career for a 60 game stretch last year. FLA's a sunny place.

Yes. Just need to make sure he waives for that tax relief.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

Yeah, pretty sure we'd all do it in a heartbeat. Gives you a 3C reclamation project who's still only 24 and is a mammoth on skates. He needs to get healthy, but I think a change of scenery would do him some good.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Absolutely. I have no idea what happened to Bjugstad last year, but I really liked him prior to that.

And as an added bonus, if last year does prove to be the beginning of some early-career flameout, his buyout is TONS better than Staals.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Every d-man on Florida's roster is better than Staal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad