Speculation: Roster Building Thread 2019-20: Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
"The Kreider Chronicles"

Prefer Kyrou. 200 foot game. Elite skater. Worried about Kostin's lack of production in the A. But he is doing better.

Let the scouts decide.
What about getting both and passing on the pick?

Reactions: cheech70

darko

Feb 16, 2009
In one night, the Rangers moved up from 12th in the lottery to 9th

Tied for 7th worst record with Buffalo.

Long way away still. Need to sell Kreider, Strome and Fast. Maybe Buch and Skjei. Need a top-5 pick.

Go into next year with Panarin, Ziba, Kakko, Krava, Chytil top-6. Buch if he's still there.

Reactions: Cag29 and egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Long way away still. Need to sell Kreider, Strome and Fast. Maybe Buch and Skjei. Need a top-5 pick.

Go into next year with Panarin, Ziba, Kakko, Krava, Chytil top-6. Buch if he's still there.
I’d move Buch as a priority. Too one dimensional and it’s not a dominating dimension. Also too pricey and just a poor fit. He’s not a great Top Six scorer and not a great Bottom Six grinder/two-way guy at all. Maybe he has some value too.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018

Krav won’t be playing in the top 6 next year
Kakko could take the next step with a good off-season

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Playoff "push".

7-8 in last 15. This three goalie rotation thing is clearly working.

Young team - inconsistency is a part of that. As is trying to do too much, making fancy passes that aren't there, risky pinches, etc... This is about what we should have expected.

I'm more about being "in" the playoff race so the younger players can go through the experience/pressure of HAVING to win every night than I am about them actually making it.

Going to be an interesting deadline.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
So the better question might be what is impacting our team's losses and failures?
We are far from a finished product . Check back in 30mths time . I think we look quite different unless they make a panicked or sentimental move/decision . Any trade or contract signing SHOULD come back with a guy that HATES losing . It's time to spread some nastiness throughout the roster . Some of our guys need more room to work their skills . Sabres went at Panarin hard last night...expect more games like that . Did we have anybody that went back at Eichel ? If so...I must have missed it .

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I understand not wanting to re-sign Kreider and Strome and think we should trade them. Skjei can go too for all I care.

I don’t understand trading Buch at all though. He’s still out there creating scoring chances and likely won’t be that expensive on a new contract. Buch is a 50 point player over 82 games, those dont just grow on trees. Kakko will hit 30 if we’re lucky this year and Kravtsov is on pace for about that too (in the AHL). I don’t understand the willingness to throw away a good top 6 winger and throw these kids into the fire when they’re both clearly not ready.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I understand not wanting to re-sign Kreider and Strome and think we should trade them. Skjei can go too for all I care.

I don’t understand trading Buch at all though. He’s still out there creating scoring chances and likely won’t be that expensive on a new contract. Buch is a 50 point player over 82 games, those dont just grow on trees. Kakko will hit 30 if we’re lucky this year and Kravtsov is on pace for about that too (in the AHL). I don’t understand the willingness to throw away a good top 6 winger and throw these kids into the fire when they’re both clearly not ready.

If they trade both Kreider and Strome that’s 2 top 6 Out

Only way both go is if they have a side deal w Kreider for July 1st

Keep Buch I agree

Should play Kravtsov and X prospect for Kreider after the deadline . Kostin would make that interesting since they played together

Teams gonna stink but gain experience

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I hope next year we at least start trending up enough to be at the very least competing for a playoff spot.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019

I like Buch but he is what he is. Kreider is the one we need to keep as long as the contract isn’t crazy

Reactions: belford22 and jas

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kreiders contract WILL be crazy, i dont know why people think it wont be.

He’s getting 6-7 years at 7-7.5M on July 1st from someone.

Reactions: pld459666
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad