Speculation: Roster Building/Rumor Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
My favorite Tony D stat from this year is that Adam Fox passed him for the team lead in 5-on-5 goals against in late February. Fox had played 301:52. Tony had played 81:46.

He can be elite at what he does well. The scope of what he does well is limited though, and he hasn't played a good game of NHL hockey in 16 months. Haven't seen the figure, but I'm sure it's a worthwhile risk for Carolina.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He's gonna put up 40-50 points easily if he gets pp time on that team. A team we have to deal with in our division next year.

And he'll be tremendous on the power play and a trainwreck in his own zone.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Ok, not necessarily five years, but 3-4 years, yeah totally fine.

Specially with the two upcoming drafts. :(
I hear you but I just don't see how we can be that bad like bad on the same level with NJ, Anaheim, Buffalo etc and not see Kakko, Chytil, Miller, Laf totally regress or not develop

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’m against trading for Reaves but let’s trade for Reaves so he can beat Tony’s ass the first time he mouths off when the Rangers are playing Carolina

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If you can make Mika and Danault work at $13-14MM combined, preferably with one or both getting less than max term, it's very compelling.

If you're talking more like $17MM combined with max term for both (bringing both well into their 30s), that's a lot less interesting.
Based on the deals we’re seeing, the flat cap isn’t taking much of a bite out of free agent deals. I guess the thinking is that it’ll be the lower end guys taking the flat cap hit. Danault will probably get closer to 7m and Mika closer to 9m. Not many steaks to be had among the upper tier of players. Is my sense.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
He’s also far from our biggest problem, compared with our C depth
I'm not saying he's our biggest problem considering he's the 3rd goalie on the depth chart right now but he should not be Georgiev's replacement if we move Georgie. That would be a mistake. Keeping him as 3rd goalie as depth is fine but going into the season with Kinkaid as our backup would be a problem.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
He's gonna put up 40-50 points easily if he gets pp time on that team. A team we have to deal with in our division next year.

Do not like at all. The division will be nuts.

Heh, who knows, maybe we'll be a bad hockey team in 2021 and I get my high pick.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
And he'll be tremendous on the power play and a trainwreck in his own zone.
If he is paired with a decent pairing LD he will be fine on that team. The dynamic offense he can bring will offset his below average d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad