Rumor: Roslovic trade

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I don't see how this works for WPG's cap situation without the team moving out a significant contract or two with no AAV coming back. Roslovic may command $2 m + on even a bridge, so it does not provide as much cap savings as Vegas may need to complete an AP signing (at least by the beginning of the season).

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I thought McNabb would be the target, but aint gonna cry if it is Schmidt

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I have a strong dislike for McIntyre on both a personal and public level. The guy also tried to burry Binnington during the playoffs for tweets he made a long time ago. This guy is almost Winnipeg's version of Eklund.

But, onto Roslovic I don't know where he'd fit. But what I might see happening is a first and second being added with a contract like Perreault's, maybe Niku would also be included and bring back a top defenseman. Hoping it's Ekblad or Seth Jones. But some other salary might need to be moved like Pionk's contract too in order to fit a top D.

He should have stuck to crime but crime didn't pay. The NHL is/was so fat any hack can take a large piece of the pie and it goes unnoticed.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I don't see how this works for WPG's cap situation without the team moving out a significant contract or two with no AAV coming back. Roslovic may command $2 m + on even a bridge, so it does not provide as much cap savings as Vegas may need to complete an AP signing (at least by the beginning of the season).
little goes on LTIR and were most likely gonna have to pay someone to take perreault maybe with some retention

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
The gap between Pietrangelo and Schmidt is considerably less than Schmidt and Roslovic. Vegas better be getting Heinola, Perfetti or an unprotected 1st as well.

So you think

Schmidt>Pietriangelo and Roslovic?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The gap between Pietrangelo and Schmidt is considerably less than Schmidt and Roslovic. Vegas better be getting Heinola, Perfetti or an unprotected 1st as well.

Roslovic is a young 1st rounder. Fantastic production in the AHL. Maybe could turn it around and become a top 2 C/RW.

Value of players with big contracts is lower now than it's been in some time. Not sure if the Knights would get all that much more in the deal.

Reactions: hn777

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Roslovic for Alec Martinz would seem to accomplish the objective of both teams...

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If Winnipeg get Schmidt that probably leapfrogs them ahead of St Louis and Dallas in the Central.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Surely Winnipeg would need to add a pretty substantial piece to Roslovic if Schmidt is coming back? Like Heinola or Samberg for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad