Rumor: ROR deal already agreed upon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
O’Reilly’s locker is cleaned up and scrubbed. He’s gone. Possible package going to BUFF: Thomas, Anderson, 2019 first round pick.

Dan Buffa‏Verified account @buffa82 3h3 hours ago

Blues also trying to dump Vladimir Sobotka on Buffalo as well. Fluid situation. We shall see. Deal would be announced on July 1. Again, just a possible rumor and may or may not happen, but my source is rock solid and a good dude.
That's the fn worst deal I have ever heard for ROR.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
We're trying to build center depth, not trade a top center prospect for an expensive vet center so yes it is absolutely a lateral move. You're welcome to your opinion re:Thomas but I don't at all consider him to be "hopes and dreams". His skill set translates very well to the pro game and he's amongst the top center prospects in hockey so thanks but I'll take my chances and you can have some lovely wingers instead.

Its ok.. Im not looking for Thomas... or your wingers.

Id rather keep ROR tbh

Reactions: Colt55

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Did I mention there wasnt a valid argument to not want to do that trade? Nope.

The idea of it being lateral is what I took issue with.

Buffalo trading Dahlin for Parayko probably results in Buffalo being a better team next year.
Jeez, your no fun :laugh:

I do agree....lateral probably wasnt the best choice o words

The Wizz

Nov 3, 2015
No disrespect to Thomas, he is an excellent prospect, but I can't see the Sabres being interested in him being the center piece around an ROR trade. We have WAY too many centers now, both on the roster and in our prospect pool. We need another top 4 D and some serious help on the wing, especially prospects. I would think it's Parayko and a pick from the Blues or nothing if we are going to move ROR.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
No disrespect to Thomas, he is an excellent prospect, but I can't see the Sabres being interested in him being the center piece around an ROR trade. We have WAY too many centers now, both on the roster and in our prospect pool. We need another top 4 D and some serious help on the wing, especially prospects. I would think it's Parayko and a pick from the Blues or nothing if we are going to move ROR.

Agree, as a Sabres fan I'd want Parayko coming back
both Dreger and Lebrun are reporting prospect+1st+2nd. That's a far cry from a Parayko.

Reactions: Kelly

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
both Dreger and Lebrun are reporting prospect+1st+2nd. That's a far cry from a Parayko.

They also reported some bizzare Montreal draft trade that Botterill completely shot down.

If Parayko isn't the guy is some way, hopefully no deal is happening.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Buffa has zero credibility. I feel sorry for anybody who believes a word of that rumor he's spreading.

Thomas will be a Blue for a long time, and is a few years from surpassing O'Reilly.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not that far off. Pretty sure a top prospect +1st+2nd can land you quite a few top 4 D
Value wise, sure...but it takes 2 to tango. Hamonic was just moved last year so who knows. Blues wouldn't be moving Parayko though regardless of value. We'd only move Parayko for a mean version of Parayko.
They also reported some bizzare Montreal draft trade that Botterill completely shot down.

If Parayko isn't the guy is some way, hopefully no deal is happening.
the 3rd OA? I heard Montreal had no interest in it, or do you mean Montreal getting the Islander picks and going from there?

I'd just about guarentee Parayko isnt the guy. All indications are for futures...even though it doesn't make much sense for a team trying to to get another lottery ticket

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'm talking about long term team building when I say lateral move. One center out, one center in is as lateral as it gets. You have to keep in mind that Thomas will be playing in the NHL next year. So of course ROR is better than Thomas at the moment, that's besides the point. The Blues would be looking to add to Schenn, Thomas and Brodziak to finally have some strength at the position. Sorry, I forgot this is HFBoards where you have to explain things in detail or it is guaranteed to be misconstrued.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Value wise, sure...but it takes 2 to tangle. Hamonic was just moved last year so who knows. Blues wouldn't be moving Parayko though regardless of value. We'd only move Parayko for a mean version of Parayko.
the 3rd OA? I heard Montreal had no interest in it, or do you mean Montreal getting the Islander picks and going from there?

I'd just about guarentee Parayko isnt the guy. All indications are for futures...even though it doesn't make much sense for a team trying to to get another lottery ticket

The wonky 11th-12th pick deal. I do believe Botts asked for the 3rd, and when Montreal said no, he didn't accept some Sherbak + 2nd + whatever package.

That's why I feel comfortable (for now) saying that if Botterill isn't getting someone he perceives as a core piece, there's probably not a deal. The 3rd overall pick made sense if he thought that guy could play this year. A 1st, a 2nd, and your 7th best prospect is your GM taking ours to school. Buffalo fans will give him crap, deservedly so.

Reactions: Awebz

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015

Why add to Parayko? I wouldn't even move Parayko straight up, but to add? Are we at gunpoint?

Reactions: Colt55 and Splatter

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The wonky 11th-12th pick deal. I do believe Botts asked for the 3rd, and when Montreal said no, he didn't accept some Sherbak + 2nd + whatever package.

That's why I feel comfortable (for now) saying that if Botterill isn't getting someone he perceives as a core piece, there's probably not a deal. The 3rd overall pick made sense if he thought that guy could play this year. A 1st, a 2nd, and your 7th best prospect is your GM taking ours to school. Buffalo fans will give him crap, deservedly so.
I'm just going off of what Dreger and Lebrun have said. I agree it doesn't make much sense to take futures for ROR. I think the sticking point is who the prospect is and what's perceived as top prospect.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

Dreger also says that's the price before the July 1st bonus and that the price goes up after that.

I'm not expecting Parayko but 1st, 2nd, prospect is trade deadline rental winger price, unless the prospect is an elite prospect.

I think whether this trade happens or not depends mostly on which prospect.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
"2 to tangle". That's a new one.
Auto correct ftw lol.....

Dreger also says that's the price before the July 1st bonus and that the price goes up after that.

I'm not expecting Parayko but 1st, 2nd, prospect is trade deadline rental winger price, unless the prospect is an elite prospect.

I think whether this trade happens or not depends mostly on which prospect.
yea....but how much does it go up, or do other GMs just call his bluff? Honagger mentioned that Botterill wants to change the culture of the locker room and that means moving O'Reilly out.

The Wizz

Nov 3, 2015
Why add to Parayko? I wouldn't even move Parayko straight up, but to add? Are we at gunpoint?

Yes. You are in win now mode and need a #1 C. We have ROR locked up for 5 years, and have no reason to move him. You want a #1 C, you pay the price. IF you don't get Tavares, ROR is the next best thing.

A Top 2 D doesn't get you a #1 C.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yes. You are in win now mode and need a #1 C. We have ROR locked up for 5 years, and have no reason to move him. You want a #1 C, you pay the price. A Top 4 D doesn't get you a #1 C.
No we are good. Only a few young centers in the league will get parayko out a blues uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad