Rumor: ROR deal already agreed upon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
So both Alex Nylander and Robert Thomas were held out of their respective prospect camps? Doesn’t that seem a bit odd that both teams are claiming it’s precautionary.

Sometimes where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Yeah but they weren’t the only ones held out. Pu and someone else was in Buffalo too. Although they did say Pu and the other guy had a chance to get on the ice later in camp and we’re pretty mum on Nylander.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
So both Alex Nylander and Robert Thomas were held out of their respective prospect camps? Doesn’t that seem a bit odd that both teams are claiming it’s precautionary.

Sometimes where there’s smoke, there’s fire.
Yes, it does seem...…….ODD.
Hey, let's get Dan Buffa on the line, he'll tell us what the skinny is :D

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If this trade happens, you have no idea how many times I am going to copy and paste this post after each of yours lol
I kid, I kid...……..

Or do I...…...:naughty:
We'll all eat crow, but I have a good feeling that even if a trade happens and Thomas is involved, it won't be the deal that he is saying.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
We'll all eat crow, but I have a good feeling that even if a trade happens and Thomas is involved, it won't be the deal that he is saying.
I have no clue man, just ribbing ya a little is all...…..
If a trade happens, it happens. We'll be happy, miserable or somewhere in between. But life will go on regardless.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
As a neutral fan, here's a random proposal I came up with:

Buffalo
Kyrou OR Thomas OR Fabbri
Dunn
St louis 2nd

St Louis
O'Reilly(1 million retained)

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Hey, don't say movie reviewer like that. He is also a uber driver and an upaid blogger who rarely sleeps. He made certain to mention it so we need to repeat it. We are all discussing a movie reviewing/uber-driving fan-blogger. We should in no way ignore it and move on :sarcasm:

I'll give him this: he put "contributor" to a sports radio station in his Twitter bio likely to increase his legitimacy. And now it's actually true, he talked hockey on a sports radio show. And listening to him killed his legitimacy dead. So a really hilarious dichotomy.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I have no clue man, just ribbing ya a little is all...…..
If a trade happens, it happens. We'll be happy, miserable or somewhere in between. But life will go on regardless.
I know, I'm just ripping him pretty hard, so if this ends up being his first inside break, I'll eat crow on it.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If this trade happens, you have no idea how many times I am going to copy and paste this post after each of yours lol
I kid, I kid...……..

Or do I...…...:naughty:

I'm in no way saying its impossible. I said in an earlier post, he comes off as a somewhat knowledgeable fan. He could just be putting all the signs together. Several people have come up with a similar trade on this board long before he tweeted it. Or maybe he does have a source. Maybe a Blues exec was having a phone convo in the back of his uber. Who knows. But regardless of whether this very obvious prediction comes true, its more so an obvious ploy for attention from a guy who isn't really connected.

Did that cover me, or will you still haunt me if its true? :crossfing :D

Reactions: Yatzhee

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC

Buffalo
Dunn
St louis 2nd

St Louis
Sabres are not retaining a dime!

They’ve paid nearly 55% of the contract with 5 years remaining.

The buyers gets the whole 7.5 million cap hit but only $25 million in money due over 5 years.

Reactions: CountKong

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I'm in no way saying its impossible. I said in an earlier post, he comes off as a somewhat knowledgeable fan. He could just be putting all the signs together. Several people have come up with a similar trade on this board long before he tweeted it. Or maybe he does have a source. Maybe a Blues exec was having a phone convo in the back of his uber. Who knows. But regardless of whether this very obvious prediction comes true, its more so an obvious ploy for attention from a guy who isn't really connected.

Did that cover me, or will you still haunt me if its true? :crossfing :D

I gave you the LIKE, and you bought some time ;)

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Sabres are not retaining a dime!

They’ve paid nearly 55% of the contract with 5 years remaining.

The buyers gets the whole 7.5 million cap hit but only $25 million in money due over 5 years.
Ok sure but St Louis probably cares about cap space.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Buffalo
Dunn
St louis 2nd

St Louis
don't think Kyrou/Thomas/Fabbri hold the same value. Fabbri is also a big question mark with 2 (i believe?) ACL surgeries. I like your thinking though, I proposed Kyrou/Dunn/STL 1st (protected) for ROR/Mccabe, STL fans weren't a fan though. Neutral POV as well over here....I don't think STL is that desperate for ROR at this point.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I know, I'm just ripping him pretty hard, so if this ends up being his first inside break, I'll eat crow on it.

I gave you the LIKE, and you bought some time ;)

You know, I guess I should point out, some of this is important to some fans, especially guys like me. I went to a few games last year, both here in Buffalo as well as Rochester. 21 games between the 2.
I am looking to buy a package for the family to enjoy throughout the season here in Buffalo. What I buy, IF I buy, does depend on the interest I'll have with the possible moves made by Botterill to better the product, at least, for the Sabres.
The AHL team, the Rochester Americans, I am definitely going to a few of their games with the injection of new faces for the Sabres. At the very least I'll get to see if some of them are serious about playing hockey. But yea, my entertainment money matters for my family and me.
My daughter is a fanatic also, she rode a scholarship to Niagara University for hockey, we have a monster retention lake our house sits on, we play hockey every winter on it as the ice freezes pretty good, but the old man here is approaching 50, few years off now, the legs just taint what they used to be lol.

Reactions: stl76

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
It makes no sense what so ever from a Blues perspective to trade Thomas for ROR. It's a lateral move at best to trade your only top 6 center prospect for a much more expensive center. The Blues have a small army of quality winger prospects that could form the basis of a deal with Buffalo and that's where the meat of the deal should be along with the 2019 1st as a potential piece.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
LOL, he replied on twitter that a 3-way with Montreal including Pacioretty and Montreal getting Thomas is possible. That guy is a joke lol.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It makes no sense what so ever from a Blues perspective to trade Thomas for ROR. It's a lateral move at best to trade your only top 6 center prospect for a much more expensive center. The Blues have a small army of quality winger prospects that could form the basis of a deal with Buffalo and that's where the meat of the deal should be along with the 2019 1st as a potential piece.

Its not a lateral move at all... you would be trading proven for hopes n dreams. That isnt lateral.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Dahlin for Parayko? :sarcasm:

Did I mention there wasnt a valid argument to not want to do that trade? Nope.

The idea of it being lateral is what I took issue with.

Buffalo trading Dahlin for Parayko probably results in Buffalo being a better team next year.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Its not a lateral move at all... you would be trading proven for hopes n dreams. That isnt lateral.

We're trying to build center depth, not trade a top center prospect for an expensive vet center so yes it is absolutely a lateral move. You're welcome to your opinion re:Thomas but I don't at all consider him to be "hopes and dreams". His skill set translates very well to the pro game and he's amongst the top center prospects in hockey so thanks but I'll take my chances and you can have some lovely wingers instead.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It makes no sense what so ever from a Blues perspective to trade Thomas for ROR. It's a lateral move at best.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad