Rumor: ROR deal already agreed upon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I really want ROR. I also don’t want to move Thomas or Parayko.

I don’t know if this is possible but here’s hoping it’s something like a 1st + Kyrou + other things to make up the difference.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Please don't include Thomas in the deal, we don't need any more potential Leaf killers in the division.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I really want ROR. I also don’t want to move Thomas or Parayko.

I don’t know if this is possible but here’s hoping it’s something like a 1st + Kyrou + other things to make up the difference.
I hope it's less then that

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
My prediction is O'Reilly for Steen, Thomas and 2019 1st.
Nah, Steen has a full NTC until 2/1/21 and he's not likely to waive it to go to a re-building team. He'd likely only waive it for a deal that sends him wherever his buddy Stastny is going. But we could use this this as a way to start a Stastny to Buffalo rumor if you'd like. :sarcasm:

My best guess right now is one of these:

Sobotka + Thomas (really hope not)
Sobotka + Kyrou + 1st (hope not)
Sobotka + Thompson/Kostin + 1st (I'd be OK with this)

Sobotka would still be a fine 3C for any team, though he wasn't as physical last season in his first year back from the KHL as he had been before he left. If Mittelstadt is used as a 2C you'll be happy with Sobotka, but if you have to play Sobotka up in your Top 6 you'll wonder why you ever traded for him. :(

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
That would certainly hurt us quite a bit. Maybe switch out Steen for Berglund/Sobotka and I could see it being a possibility. I just really don't believe we are willing to ship out Thomas as high as management has seemed to put him on a pedestal.

I don't see how the Blues can acquire ROR while taking both Parayko and Thomas off of the table. I don't believe that the Blues would trade Parayko (at least they shouldn't), so it leaves Thomas.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
I doubt its Thomas. If its Fabbri or Kyrou it will sting a little but I think its acceptable. 1st+Fabbri/Kyrou+Bergy/Soby if its a regular hockey trade is my prediction. We shall see though.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
0B70CE12-982F-4ED1-AE94-3FFA0A0FA416.jpeg
who is this mr white

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Regardless of what happens here, looks like Botterill's year of evaluation is over. He is making moves. Looks like this is the real year 1 of the rebuild of the Sabres under the Housley/Botterill regime.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I doubt its Thomas. If its Fabbri or Kyrou it will sting a little but I think its acceptable. 1st+Fabbri/Kyrou+Bergy/Soby if its a regular hockey trade is my prediction. We shall see though.

Fabbri and Kyrou do not hold that kind of value at the moment, at least based on my perception of consensus view.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I don't see how the Blues can acquire ROR while taking both Parayko and Thomas off of the table. I don't believe that the Blues would trade Parayko (at least they shouldn't), so it leaves Thomas.

If that is the price I'm really praying that it is not St. Louis. That being said, ROR is a really good player but those are certainly two core pieces with adds thrown on. 1 being ELC and Parayko has a really good contract. I can definitely understand where you are coming from at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad