Room aboard the bandwagon?

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I hope there's room for one more, because this Preds fan is hopping onboard the Blue Jacket bandwagon. Not only am I rooting for you to make - and do well in - the playoffs, but once the divisions change, I am adopting CBJ as my eastern conference team. Why?

1. No tanking: Everyone wrote you off this year, but rather than giving up and losing for a pick, your guys battle on and on. Amid an age where "If you don't think you can win, lose" is the mob mentality, it's nice to see a team not give up.

2. Sbov: I play goalie myself so a big part of me liking any team is who is between the pipes. I love what Bob has done this year, playing Vezina caliber right after leaving Philly (ok, so I'm bitter about the offer sheet). Seems like he has quite a work ethic too.

3. The Nash traded helped you: As a Nashville fan, I appreciate any team that is better with everyone contributing, up and down the lineup, rather than relying on one or two guys. I know you have Gabby now, but I love how this team has a "everyone contributes, and we win by depth" attitude.

4. Jarmo: First European GM. He comes in and trades for Gaborik...pretty good replacement for Howson. I like what he's doing.

5. Jack Johnson: When I heard about the Carter trade, my first though was "Man, JJ must be pissed." I saw a post trade interview with him, and he was bubbly with excitement about his new team and challenge. I love his compete level and attitude. Seems like a great leader for you all.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to watch you all more now that I have Center Ice. Good luck.

TL,DR: I'm rooting for you all this year and long-term as my East team. Preds are still #1, but I'm hopping aboard. Think of me as the anti-Viqsi :naughty:

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
TL,DR: I'm rooting for you all this year and long-term as my East team. Preds are still #1, but I'm hopping aboard. Think of me as the anti-Viqsi :naughty:

If you're the anti-Viqsi, that makes you an incredibly illogical guy who thinks that Ryan Johansen should be traded for spare parts.

Basically, you'll fit in with 90% of this board.;)

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
If you're the anti-Viqsi, that makes you an incredibly illogical guy who thinks that Ryan Johansen should be traded for spare parts.

Basically, you'll fit in with 90% of this board.;)

Or perhaps just someone who isn't interested in setting other people on fire?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Welcome aboard. Please ignore Mayor Bee. Most if the rest of us do.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We're tanking hardcore, so go BJs!

First of all, we're not the BJ's.

Second, welcome onto the bandwagon. There's plenty of room. It will be a little different for you and the newcomers than for the long-timers here. You won't experience quite the level of our joy and astonishment because you haven't experienced the years of frustration. But welcome nonetheless.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
First of all, we're not the BJ's.

Second, welcome onto the bandwagon. There's plenty of room. It will be a little different for you and the newcomers than for the long-timers here. You won't experience quite the level of our joy and astonishment because you haven't experienced the years of frustration. But welcome nonetheless.

But it's such a good nickname! :laugh:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Yeah so is "The Preds" like when you hear girls say "Look at that creepy guy over there, he looks like a total pred."

This coming from a guy whose team's arena used to be the "Gaylord Entertainment Center" ... Don't put too much thought into him calling us the BJs, we can just remind him of that.

forktie

Jan 31, 2007
the 'Bus
I didn't realize how big the bandwagon was getting until I visited the hockey page on Reddit. Holy cow. I hope we continue to win. It would mean so much.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
A Wings fan here... a friend of mine is a CBJ diehard, so I've been following your (ill) fortunes for some years now. Just wanted to say that if this is the season we finally miss the playoffs, I hope it's you lot who pip us to the 8th spot, and should it happen, I'll be cheering for you all the way. :handclap:

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
CBJ or Jackets will do just fine. Welcome aboard.

And Vix isn't the ony Preds fan up here. Got family down there and have been to at least one Preds home game in each season. I still have my #21 Fitzgerald t-shirt.

And I occasionally rock the mustard alternate.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Yeah....Gaylord was a rough time for us.

So you know how we feel about being called "BJs" ;)

I've never truly disliked the Preds, I just get sick of seeing the Jackets lose to them all the time. I will admit to hating some of their players (Scott Hartnell being right at the top of that list); but I'm a big Shea Weber fan, stemming from his time with Kelowna.

Welcome aboard the wagon ... hopefully, things keep going our way.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

"Mirror" Viqsi would be more apropos. Bizarro Viqsi is already out there, having regular conversations with TW and others about how Umberger is the greatest player in the NHL bar none and we should never have fired Scott Howson. :)

Welcome aboard.

Frank Gallagher

Guess who's back.
Apr 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
Welcome aboard!

I'm a Pens fan first, but have been following the Jackets since I started getting into hockey in '08. I chose them as my 'West team' and now they're moving East, so they're just my second team now. :laugh:

Probably going to be rivals in the future, but I still love the CBJ, at least until the usurp the Pens for a Cup. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad