News Article: Rookie Tournament Roster and Discussion

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah the Sens don't have a lot of highly touted prospect Dmen, and I'm surprised Ceci wasn't invited given that I believe he still is eligible. The tourney is kinda played like a pond hockey tournament, not a lot of physical play and a few staged fights from enforcer types looking to get noticed.

Forward group is looking exciting though! Hopefully I can make it this year, had a great time last year.

Ummm haha the last few have been very physical actually. I remember when Volchenkov gave a guy a seizure.

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
Ummm haha the last few have been very physical actually. I remember when Volchenkov gave a guy a seizure.

Yikes! I don't remember that happening but I'm with you, the past few rookie tournaments have been pretty physical.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
hockeystreams has all the rookie tournie games listed on their schedules, in HD apparently.

Not sure I wanna renew my subscription for them just yet tho.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Why not? I was thinking of purchasing it today. Get it over with.

Btw, has anyone tried HS with xbox?

I've had it work on my ps3, haven't tried with the xbone yet. Last time I checked there wasn't a way to do it. I'm not sure how its going to work without the DLNA support, but evidently they're releasing an update this month that's going fix all that.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
All the Ottawa games are showing up on Rogers channel 22 for me (Ottawa East)

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
That remains the biggest hit I've ever seen in person.

Me too at the Bob behind the net some kid from florida. Man I miss the Bob. The best hotdogs, buns were toasted. Came here looking for game scores from yesterday and peoples opinions. Whats up. No rookie GDT, no game review...... crickets........:help:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Me too at the Bob behind the net some kid from florida. Man I miss the Bob. The best hotdogs, buns were toasted. Came here looking for game scores from yesterday and peoples opinions. Whats up. No rookie GDT, no game review...... crickets........:help:

There was no game yesterday lol. Its today at 2pm. I bet there will be like 20 pages of talk since its the first hockey of the year

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Rutkowski is way ahead of harpur at this point.

Rutkowski is 3 years older with 3 more years of development time. I suppose he's ahead of Harpur because experience, sure. 3 extra years to develop, both skill-wise and body-wise.

He's a bad ECHLer. You're right in the sense that he might show up against junior-level kids for this tourney, but he crapped the bed against pros in a 3rd tier league. He's playing out the string on this contract, then he's off to Europe.

orkid

Jun 25, 2014
Anyone know if there is a place to stream today's game online for free? I'm not located in Ottawa so I don't have access to Rogers TV.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Hockeystreams have this type of stuff on there?

Speaking of which, hockeystreams vs. gamecenter? I had hockeystreams when the Sens were in the playoffs two years ago and had a ton of lag. I'm assuming GameCenter is better in that regard?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well i guess i won't be able to watch this tournament. I don't live in Canada and there are currently no streams. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad