News Article: Rookie Tournament Roster and Discussion

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Senators invite 24 players to 2014 rookie camp and tournament.

Forwards:
Jakub Culek
Vincent Dunn
Ryan Dzingel
Alex Guptill
Darren Kramer
Curtis Lazar
Tobias Lindberg
Max McCormick
Nick Paul
Francis Perron
Shane Prince
Matt Puempel
Buddy Robinson
Garrett Thompson

Defensemen:
Travis Brown
Fredrik Claesson
Mitch Jones
Ben Harpur
Stefan Leblanc
Alex Lepkowski
Matt Murphy
Troy Rutkowski

Goaltenders:
Chris Driedger
Andrew Hammond

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Yeeeesh. That defence is lacklustre at best. After Claesson, not much there. I'm not sold on Harpur.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Yeeeesh. That defence is lacklustre at best. After Claesson, not much there. I'm not sold on Harpur.

Yeah the Sens don't have a lot of highly touted prospect Dmen, and I'm surprised Ceci wasn't invited given that I believe he still is eligible. The tourney is kinda played like a pond hockey tournament, not a lot of physical play and a few staged fights from enforcer types looking to get noticed.

Forward group is looking exciting though! Hopefully I can make it this year, had a great time last year.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Forward group is looking exciting though! Hopefully I can make it this year, had a great time last year.

Yeah, it's going to be nice to watch Paul and Guptill in action. Get to know the new guys more. I'm also a big fan of Dzingel, and it will be interesting to see McCormick too.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Nice to see the list out - sure sign of time getting closer.
Interesting to see how they line them up.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Yeah, it's going to be nice to watch Paul and Guptill in action. Get to know the new guys more. I'm also a big fan of Dzingel, and it will be interesting to see McCormick too.

Hopefully they have a good showing. Pageau and Stone just dominated this tournament last year. Didn't matter if it was a PP, PK or at ES they had the puck in the offensive in creating scoring chances.

Last edited:

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Yeah the Sens don't have a lot of highly touted prospect Dmen, and I'm surprised Ceci wasn't invited given that I believe he still is eligible. The tourney is kinda played like a pond hockey tournament, not a lot of physical play and a few staged fights from enforcer types looking to get noticed.

They probably feel that he is a lock for the NHL roster and therefore doesn't need to be there.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
No pageau, stone or ceci. They would have probably just dominated again, so it will be good to see who can step up here and shine. Could be some surprises.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
How come we only have 2 D-men prospects playing?

I understand for Englund and Wikstrand, but what about the others?

Wideman and Sdao are too old? Boro and Ceci are NHLers? What about Gendron and Summers?

Where's Wikstrand?

SEL seasons starts earlier so Wikstrand and Enlgund aren't going to be there

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How come we only have 2 D-men prospects playing?

I understand for Englund and Wikstrand, but what about the others?

Wideman and Sdao are too old? Boro and Ceci are NHLers? What about Gendron and Summers?

SEL seasons starts earlier so Wikstrand and Enlgund aren't going to be there

Going NCAA route

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Is this tournament usually televised?

I think it's been on the local Rogers channels in the past depending on location.
Since it's in London and advertised for Leafs fans - likely it'll only be the Leafs prospect games that end up on it.

I need to remember to look at getting tickets though, keep forgetting every time I get a reminder email.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I think it's been on the local Rogers channels in the past depending on location.
Since it's in London and advertised for Leafs fans - likely it'll only be the Leafs prospect games that end up on it.

I need to remember to look at getting tickets though, keep forgetting every time I get a reminder email.
I think they televised them all the last couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00