HF Habs: Rookie tournament 2019 (9-5 to 9-10)

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Doesn't look like the tournament will be televised on RDS, I checked their website and didn't see it listed for Saturday September 6th. Does anyone know if their schedule is accurate 2 weeks in advance?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Doesn't look like the tournament will be televised on RDS, I checked their website and didn't see it listed for Saturday September 6th. Does anyone know if their schedule is accurate 2 weeks in advance?
Pretty sure it's on RDSI usually (Reseau Des Sports Info).

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa

Emailed RDS asking if they are televising the tournament, here is their response:

Nous n'avons pas encore d'informations à communiquer sur la diffusion de ce tournoi.
Merci de votre compréhension,
Équipe RDS

Which translates to "No comment".

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Emailed RDS asking if they are televising the tournament, here is their response:

Nous n'avons pas encore d'informations à communiquer sur la diffusion de ce tournoi.
Équipe RDS

Good job getting in touch with them. Thanks for the info (or non-info ;)).

They did broadcast it last year. However that could've been because the Showdown was held in Laval, where RDS already have their cameras in place for whenever they broadcast Laval games.

Here's hoping that they broadcast it. Or at the very least, there is a free stream somewhere.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Toronto is not participating in the rookie games this year, they will be part of the Traverse rookie games. What will happen in MTL?
Red against White?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Toronto is not participating in the rookie games this year, they will be part of the Traverse rookie games. What will happen in MTL?
Red against White?
Meh, as entertaining as it is for us rabid fans, we've fallen victim to a lot of injuries over the years participating in these (Tyszka & Evans as recently as last year). There was a reason after all why Gainey decided to stop participating more than a decade ago.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Meh, as entertaining as it is for us rabid fans, we've fallen victim to a lot of injuries over the years participating in these (Tyszka & Evans as recently as last year). There was a reason after all why Gainey decided to stop participating more than a decade ago.
I agreed with him as some teams had guys that were older and of course there were goons too. Gainey was right.
Toronto is the team I remember who had 23-24 year old career AHLers

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
EDFG1EkWkAA0y4o.jpg

Invites:

- G -
Alexis Shank

- D -
Dylan Plouffe
Jack York <----- (@Tomas Tatahhh)
Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin (Signed to PTO)

- F -
Vincent Marleau
Liam Hawel
Matthew Struthers
Nicolas Guay

Also, Teasdale seems to be the only one who will miss because of injury. Fonstad, Hillis, and Houde, who didn't take part at development camp because of injury looks like will participate in the rookie camp.

Concerning Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin on a PTO:

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach

Équipe RDS

I work for RDS (not at RDS, but they're one of my employer's clients) and it's not on our schedule so I doubt it will be televised.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Here are the Jets' and Sens' rookie rosters.

Note: Winnipeg invited former Habs prospect Scott Walford to their camp. And Ottawa invited on a PTO T.J. Melancon, who was under an AHL/ECHL deal with Laval (but played nearly the entire season in the ECHL).

jets.png

sens.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->