Prospect Info: Rookie Camp 2019

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Probably something to do with the per diem as well.

Their season starts in two days also.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Why is Morin not at the rookie camp?

Is not a question that needs to be asked. He's 24 and has been to five of them already, and couldn't go last year because he was injured.

Last edited:

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Finally, some form of hockey.

Looking forward to Frost, Farabee and Sandstrom.

David Drake has been around for years it seems like...

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Big 4?

Egor Zamula may personally throw knuckles with you. :sarcasm:

He just proclaimed himself the 6th best Flyers prospect in that Russian interview.

Frost, Myers, York, Farabee, Brink?

... and Big freaking Z.

I guess I don’t see what you guys do in Zamula. Very interesting prospect, however, I doubt his situation will be a Myers 2.0

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It would be interesting if Rubtsov made a strong push. It would be a good thing as Frost and farabee are likely going to be very good NHLers. At Ruby and ratcliffe to that and we have a real luxury.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'm hoping Vorobyev looks solid. It really bugs me how quick some people are to write him off entirely because of a couple of short & unsuccessful NHL stints as a 21 year old.
He’ll probably look good in rookie camp. He’s bigger & older than most there. His problem seems to be when the intensity & competition levels jump (AHL playoffs, NHL regular season). I’m skeptical of him because I don’t see the speed & battle in him, & he fooled me last preseason. But I’d love him to prove me wrong.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's not a matter of writing off Vorobyev, it's more a matter of him coming back to earth after flaws were exposed.
Like most prospects who aren't top tier, he needs a lot of work on his game to be a NHL player.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I'm hoping Vorobyev looks solid. It really bugs me how quick some people are to write him off entirely because of a couple of short & unsuccessful NHL stints as a 21 year old.

Yep. 9 minutes a game as a rookie after being demoted down a line after 3-4 games.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
It would be really nice to see Rubtsov pick up where he left off last season and earn that last top 9 spot. Giving Frost, Farabee, and Ratty a year or at least part of the year in the AHL would be ideal and I'd much rather see someone with some real potential step in there instead of someone like Raffl or Pitlick if he's back in time.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
It would be really nice to see Rubtsov pick up where he left off last season and earn that last top 9 spot. Giving Frost, Farabee, and Ratty a year or at least part of the year in the AHL would be ideal and I'd much rather see someone with some real potential step in there instead of someone like Raffl or Pitlick if he's back in time.
If rubtsov does I’m not oppose to him making the team as 4th line center. AND one of frost/farabee in top 9. If there is an injury in the top 9 and they both earn it, keep all 3! Haag gets dealt. Morin 7 to start. Rubtsov, Laughton, raffl 4th line. NAK extra. Along with pitlick coming off injury.

If the kids look up to speed, this is how I would role.

Reactions: flyersfan187

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
It's very common for teams to lose a player or 2 to injury during pre-season. Hagg should make a great replacement for whomever loses a dman, hopefully someone we will play a lot.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
It's very common for teams to lose a player or 2 to injury during pre-season. Hagg should make a great replacement for whomever loses a dman, hopefully someone we will play a lot.
Hagg doesn't make a great anything but hopefully the Flyers D stays healthy and someone else is desperate enough to take Hagg.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I said this yesterday. I think he's going to be a decent player. He's shown some amazing hockey IQ, great passer. He was far too young last year, and also had a very short leash.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yep. 9 minutes a game as a rookie after being demoted down a line after 3-4 games.
It’s the NHL. Every game is important. Jobs are on the line. It’s not an extended tryout league. Especially for a fringe player like Vorobyev. If you don’t look good in the chances you get, you’re in trouble.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
42 points in 54 games last season for EC Salzburg in the Austrian league.

Chris VandeVelde at eliteprospects.com

vandevelde-ep_2018-08-23.jpg

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad