Prospect Info: Rookie Camp 2019

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'll give this its own thread to make it easier to find at a later date.

Flyers to open Rookie Camp September 7

24 Vorobyev, Mikhail
48 Frost, Morgan
49 Farabee, Joel
50 Rubtsov, German
57 Kase, David
64 Sushko, Maxim
70 Fitzgerald, Gerry
74 Serdyuk, Egor
75 Laberge, Pascal
76 Ratcliffe, Isaac
77 Golod, Maxim
78 Strome, Matthew
81 Twarynski, Carsen
82 Bunnaman, Connor
83 McCartney, Ben
89 Cyr, Mika

5 Myers, Philippe
54 Zamula, Egor
59 Friedman, Mark
63 Millman, Mason
72 Drake, David
80 Michel, Robert
84 Comrie, Sean
85 Couturier, Josh
86 Wylie, Wyatte

32 Sandstrom, Felix
67 Ustimenko, Kirill
69 Ross, Roddy

Last edited:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
My eyes will be on Egor Serdyuk, Egor Zamula, Pascal Laberge, and the big 4: Frost, Farabee, Ratcliffe, and Rubtsov.

I guess they want some familiar faces as Fitzgerald was part of the Wilds system and they scouted both Comrie and Couturier back a little bit ago.

McCartney is a grunt-type player that doesn’t have much skill. He reminds me on miles wood, but not as great of a skater. I really like his game.
He’s a pigeon without much of a shot or game besides throwing hits and playing in front of the net.
I wouldn’t mind them using a contract spot in the AHL. Wild fighter too. Not the best fighter, but if he hits it’ll hurt.
Definitely and AV type player. AV said they want to be aggressive around the net and aggressive in the forecheck. Well, that’s all this guy does.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Not seeing much hope for any of those camp invites this year. McCartney I guess could have an outside shot as an energy guy.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
35 pts (only 17 goals) in 54 OHL games in your 18 y/o season isn’t particularly promising for a small skill player. But he is an August birthday.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I couldn’t be more proud to be a member of the Millmen™
R1fdEt3.gif

I do actually believe there are only 3 of us but still

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Not seeing much hope for any of those camp invites this year. McCartney I guess could have an outside shot as an energy guy.
I think I will go back on my earlier comment. I just watched a couple of games (split time) of Kelowna. His game is just not there.

Yep, he truly is an energy guy- instead of degrading miles wood, I will say he is a bit like NAK except NAK has better skills and IQ. Plus, NAK can play a little defense where this guy is a deer in headlights unless the puck is against the boards.

f*** that, I recant that last comparison- I’d say a worse fighting Tyrell Goulbourne.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Big 4?

Egor Zamula may personally throw knuckles with you. :sarcasm:

He just proclaimed himself the 6th best Flyers prospect in that Russian interview.

Frost, Myers, York, Farabee, Brink?

... and Big freaking Z.

Not gonna lie, I love this.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I just realized JOB isn't on the camp roster. Why wouldn't he be? Some archaic NCAA eligibility rule?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad