Rookie camp 2019 in Irvine, CA (Ducks hosting)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Slick try by Cotter. Guy is pretty strong on the puck.

Great save by Patera. Defense is falling apart right now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas PP. Hopefully this sparks em a bit cause they've been looking pretty bad the last 6 or so minutes.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Still not convinced that Glass will make the team knowing Gallant, but he'd be great for our powerplay. So much patience, vision, and passing talent.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Still not convinced that Glass will make the team knowing Gallant, but he'd be great for our powerplay. So much patience, vision, and passing talent.

He's being a bit too cute today. I'd like to see him try and run through some players.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Cotter is far and away the best VGK player today.

Lawless putting in an argument for Glass making the team at C. Hmm.

Coghlan with his 2nd jumps up in the rush.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Coghlan definitely looks capable of replacing Miller. Maybe not this season but soon, and Whitecloud could be a good bottom pair RD.

Glass may start in the AHL but I think he is in the NHL and useful this season and is developing into a top 6 center.

Let's find a consistent goaltender.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I watched some of the game again. The first goal went off Hague's stick, but all the dmen made mistakes. I'd have to say Whitecloud and Coghlan were the best Ds today. Cotter was easily the best player for VGK but he didn't cover the point on the 2nd goal. Rondbjerg has some good tools but he needs to pick up the tempo. As dull as the game was, you could tell there was a big skill gap at forward after the top line. Korczak had a very good showing for an 18 year old. Leschyshyn showed a bit of jump but his wingers didn't do a whole lot - he went to the net on the first Coghlan goal (I think it deflected off his foot). Schuldt reads the play well but I didn't come away terribly impressed. He may need another offseason to pack on some muscle - he's listed at 6'1 205lbs but he looks a lot smaller than that.

None of the invites stood out in a good way, unfortunately. Gogolev is alright on special teams but he needs to keep his feet moving. I'd say maybe Loewen deserves another look on a line with Leschyshyn and Cotter.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2