Post-Game Talk: rongos @ Flyers

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Probably didn't help that Buchnevich spent the whole night flinging backhand passes to nobody and taking bets on where they would land
Yeah, he legit passes it to no one or into a group of players being defended a few times. His breakaway pass to Zib was good though but man..

Reactions: CasusBelli

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This is also the coach that insisted on playing Howden 16 minutes a night ahead of Andersson who got 8 and lead to Andersson's eventual demotion and abscondment and now through the last 2 years, Howden is still an AHLer. This guy is quick to give Blackwell and Rooney so much freedom and reward but can't find a reason to be forgiving and yielding to just about all of our top forward prospects. It's just bizarre. Torts and AV had more confidence and faith in young players.

Gauthier, Howden, Lemieux, Lafrenier and Kakko last year all look like they were defeated and dejected. Andersson fled the country and Vitali digitally divorced the Rangers. Nothing is more important for these kids than a happy work environment and positive every day attitude. Every day this coach is here is doing tremendous harm to these kids.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It’s fun. Never in his hockey career since being drafted has Chris Kreider shown anything that would make people consider him a superstar, and yet here HF is 11(!) years after he was drafted, surprised that he’s not a superstar.

He is what he is. A very effective player that plays the boards well, can play the cycle well, is incredibly athletic, but just straight up does not have the hands necessary to make him a point producing superstar.
And he would probably be even more effective if we weren't on our second straight coach that doesn't know what the bolded is.

Explains why the teams combined for like 16 breakaways tonight.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Laf's best shift was when he was on the ice with a different line after a penalty. He looked lost with Mika and Buch for whatever reeason.
He won't work on that line. No one can retrieve the puck albeit Mika looked much better in that department. Honestly I don't know what line Lafreniere will work with anymore lol

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Same story with the Kreider whining as it’s been since 2016. He does all the little things right and plays an extremely sound game, but because he’s big and fast people think he’s a floater because he’s doesn’t play a balls to the wall type of game. It’s only his D+11 season, he’ll be Cam Neely before long!

The hate will be far worse because of his contract. 8 goals in 17 games won't matter, just that he's making 6 mil per.

Reactions: Miamipuck

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The hate will be far worse because of his contract. 8 goals in 17 games won't matter, just that he's making 6 mil per.
Stagnant cap because of the pandemic and winning the lotto and drafting a LW will have the contract looking way worse than it actually is.

People talk about his contract like it’s as brutal as the Trouba contract (another contract made significantly worse by the stagnant cap).

Reactions: Synergy27

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Lemieux has proven he’s a fine 4th liner and nothing more

It was always so odd to me that people were talking about him being a 30-35 point guy. He has nowhere near the skill to be that

If he chips in 15 or so we should be thankful. The fact Quinn has him on the PP still is ridiculous.

Gauthier actually has the size to do what Quinn wants on that PP and they refuse to give him a shot

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
the problem right now is we have 3 bottom 6 lines and 2 of them could be strongly argued as being 4th lines.

Panarin, Chytil, Kakko is a top 6 line right there and they’re not playing at all.

We need to get healthy and we need to stay healthy. And guys need to stay off that damn list.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lemieux has proven he’s a fine 4th liner and nothing more

It was always so odd to me that people were talking about him being a 30-35 point guy. He has nowhere near the skill to be that

If he chips in 15 or so we should be thankful. The fact Quinn has him on the PP still is ridiculous.

Gauthier actually has the size to do what Quinn wants on that PP and they refuse to give him a shot
Gauthier is Quinn's Emerson Etem.

Not that Etem was good and maybe Gauthier won't be either but AV threw the gauntlet down day 1 of camp that Etem would never succeed for the Rangers for.....uh, some reason I guess?

Long story short, we just watched AV vs AV and it shows.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
This is also the coach that insisted on playing Howden 16 minutes a night ahead of Andersson who got 8 and lead to Andersson's eventual demotion and abscondment and now through the last 2 years, Howden is still an AHLer. This guy is quick to give Blackwell and Rooney so much freedom and reward but can't find a reason to be forgiving and yielding to just about all of our top forward prospects. It's just bizarre. Torts and AV had more confidence and faith in young players.

Gauthier, Howden, Lemieux, Lafrenier and Kakko last year all look like they were defeated and dejected. Andersson fled the country and Vitali digitally divorced the Rangers. Nothing is more important for these kids than a happy work environment and positive every day attitude. Every day this coach is here is doing tremendous harm to these kids.

Lias still isn't any good so he might have been right there

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Gauthier is Quinn's Emerson Etem.

Not that Etem was good and Gauthier won't be either but AV threw the gauntlet down day 1 of camp that Etem would never succeed for the Rangers for.....uh, some reason I guess?

Long story short, we just watched AV vs AV and it shows.
The worst part is you just know Quinn loves Lemieux because he looks like he works hard (whether or not he’s doing anything good is debatable)

Everytime he comes off the ice he’s huffing and puffing looking like he’s about to pass out and Quinn probably eats it up

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm less cross about it tonight with the lack of horses we had, but Quinn's tendency to stick Lemieux in front of the net in man-advantage situations continues to befuddle me.

Lemieux is 185 pounds and has no hands to speak of. Why would he be good in front of the net?

To be fair...'To be faaaaiiir'. With Panarin, Chytil and Kakko out the options become fairly limited

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Quinn has not developed a single forward. That’s the truth

Buchnevich is who he’s always been. Nothing more.

how much longer management plans on trusting a nobody to run the development of this rebuild is the only question I have remaining at this point

Reactions: Tob and LionsHeart

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
the problem right now is we have 3 bottom 6 lines and 2 of them could be strongly argued as being 4th lines.

Panarin, Chytil, Kakko is a top 6 line right there and they’re not playing at all.

We need to get healthy and we need to stay healthy. And guys need to stay off that damn list.
Need a gag order off ice too

Reactions: leetch99 and Cmox

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Lemieux at least has the balls to take the abuse in front and cause some havoc. And he can actually win puck battles down low. Gauthier is soft for his size and doesn't win puck battles. He doesn't really have hands to speak of either.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Speaking of Emerson Etem, he's playing in an honest-to-God men's league in Western Canada this year and has 47 points in 11 games.

I thought that was a fun fact.

The strange thing about the Gauthier trade is the front office clearly liked him to go get him, and the coach literally has no use for him, even with a million guys out of the lineup.

I’m also someone who really hasn’t had an issue with him being scratched earlier in the year, but if the season keeps trending the way it’s going why not find out what he can do?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Is it a men's beer league? I think thats the only league Etem could score 47 points in 11 games.
There isn't much info about it but from what I gather, it's literally a "with your buddies on Saturday night" league. If hockey is being played anywhere in the world, Elite Prospects tracks stats for it. It apparently has four teams. Obviously, he has some kind of other living and is just doing hockey for fun. I can respect that.

My favorite is the Turkish Ice Hockey Super League. It's populated by guys who were 4th liners in Major Junior and are putting up 7, 8 points a game playing for teams like Buz Adamlar GSK, Buz Beykoz, and Gumus Patenler.

My money is Beykoz this year to win the uh...Cup or whatever they give out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad