Post-Game Talk: rongos @ Flyers

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
The Sparknotes version of Quinn is that we knew we were rebuilding so we hired a coach that's not really an X's and O's guy but he's into the whole accountability/responsibility/effort spiel because our kids need to learn "the way" and whatnot, but he's such a bad coach tactically that nobody actually knows what they're supposed to do and just feels like mindless yelling after awhile. Which, in turn, makes us worse at all of that stuff.
You should tell him the truth MH. The truth is Gorts was impressed with his balloon animals game when he was a clown at BU. Gorts was specifically enamored at his elephant balloon, it was a no brainer after that.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
They kept it simple but got away from that as the game wore on. It's their perpetual Achilles heel

Kinda tough when the lineup changes so often and multiple key players are out. It's an excuse yes, but that was a preseason lineup they threw out there last night.

Would a great coach get more of out his team in a game like last night? Maybe. If this team had an identity, were more disciplined and he shortened the bench.

They are a hot mess right now from top to bottom.

But you could say hey, at least the effort was there.

Problem is when does this "rebuilding" team stop measuring games on effort and start measuring them on results? Didnt get any closer to that last night and probably won't any time soon imho.

So we sit, and watch, and wait.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kinda tough when the lineup changes so often and multiple key players are out. It's an excuse yes, but that was a preseason lineup they threw out there last night.

Would a great coach get more of out his team in a game like last night? Maybe. If this team had an identity, were more disciplined and he shortened the bench.

They are a hot mess right now from top to bottom.

But you could say hey, at least the effort was there.

Problem is when does this "rebuilding" team stop measuring games on effort and start measuring them on results? Didnt get any closer to that last night and probably won't any time soon imho.

So we sit, and watch, and wait.
7 penalties with 2 TMM is inexcusable.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Zib easily could have had a 2g 3a night last night. He's been off his game but his numbers are really unfair to him, he's been creating/getting chances every game our finishing woes are reaching farcical levels. Even Kreider's hat trick, 3 empty net tap-ins. We really are the worst shooting team in the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Need to cut Zibs some major slack (for weeks), ungrateful mofos.

I fell asleep and apparently missed a legendary 7 on 5 too many men, lmao!

I don't get the Rongos debate. That's as old as AV times ... it's been in thread titles for many years iirc. Why the hate, now?

Reactions: Cmox

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Zib easily could have had a 2g 3a night last night. He's been off his game but his numbers are really unfair to him, he's been creating/getting chances every game our finishing woes are reaching farcical levels. Even Kreider's hat trick, 3 empty net tap-ins. We really are the worst shooting team in the NHL.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had a wrist/hand issue.... or he developed tendinitis from brushing his hair during quarantine

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Elite word.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Anyone upset with the game clearly didnt see the personnel we had out there. This was supposed to be a blow out. You cant be a good team without panarin, chytil(who is close to be being back btw), and kakko whilst also missing troubs. Forget it, let them be worse, only increases our trade value for eichel

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Anyone upset with the game clearly didnt see the personnel we had out there. This was supposed to be a blow out. You cant be a good team without panarin, chytil(who is close to be being back btw), and kakko whilst also missing troubs. Forget it, let them be worse, only increases our trade value for eichel
I definitely get it but the decisions on who is playing when, the 2 TTM calls, playing Lemmy when you need to score, Blackwell on PP1 when you have Laf, Taking really dumb penalties aside from bench minors. Lots of odd decisions. Then some vets inability to clear the puck, pass, or finish. Johnson playing a dog in a school play during the 5 on 3 and his falling all over the place but he’s a easy one to harp on. Saying that Iam happy that Krieds stepped up, Zibs played a billion times better, Igor is awesome, Fox is god.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Need to cut Zibs some major slack (for weeks), ungrateful mofos.

I fell asleep and apparently missed a legendary 7 on 5 too many men, lmao!

I don't get the Rongos debate. That's as old as AV times ... it's been in thread titles for many years iirc. Why the hate, now?
That's fine. I wasn't here then. To me it's an insult to the team from other fan bases, like Fishsticks. I've never liked it.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
That's fine. I wasn't here then. To me it's an insult to the team from other fan bases, like Fishsticks. I've never liked it.
You know the best way to make people stop using words as an insult is to make it yours. But I’m indifferent either way. Though a long time ago Rag$ did annoy me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad