Signing(s): Ron Rivera is the new Redskins head coach

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m not normally an advocate of giving the HC imperial power but Rivera and his handpicked GM have to be better than Bruce Allen at least lol

Sep 19, 2008
Looks like Redskins will keep their oc which is good and allows Ron to focus on d. I'm aware he's not exactly an amazing coach but he's decent and again his defense philosophy would immediately make an impact.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
thank you, this puts the Giants in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes (not that Daniel Jones is bad, the roster stinks).

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I’m not normally an advocate of giving the HC imperial power but Rivera and his handpicked GM have to be better than Bruce Allen at least lol
I don't have a problem with a coach having a lot of say in who the GM is because in the NFL coaches are always more powerful than GMs, but you do need a GM who has the authority to actually be the GM because I have little faith in most every coach who thinks he can do both.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm surprised they didn't go with lewis

he's not a great HC by any means but he took cincy out of the bungles era and made them a playoff team for a little while there

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
i'm surprised they didn't go with lewis

he's not a great HC by any means but he took cincy out of the bungles era and made them a playoff team for a little while there

Any team looking for a good DC should get Marvin Lewis.

For real, the man can coach defense.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Barack Obama you say?

It would be pretty smart for a team to bring Obama in as a 5% owner. The Steelers are famous for bringing in notable people into their ownership group. It’s where the Haslams got their training as NFL owners, although it’s now easy to question how much they learned.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'm a little embarrassed for Obama that he would stoop so low as to dine with a scoundrel like Snyder.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Do you see Lewis accepting a DC position? I dont think he would be so open to being not a HC after spending 16 years as HC

True, it really depends if he wants to accept the role.

But for real, which team right now looking for a HC can be a good Marvin Lewis type team? He needs to hire a good OC though..

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
He’s a good coach, not a great coach. This is still a massive upgrade considering the coaching in today’s NFL is so bad.

Reactions: Roman Fell

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Analytical Ron comes to the NFC East.

He and Doug Pederson gonna do battle over who is more analytical. Rivera already has the leg up by making his own nickname. Savage

member 51464

How's the talent in DC? You still need the horses to win the race even with better strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad