Signing(s): Ron Rivera is the new Redskins head coach

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Redskins supposedly in on Marvin Lewis as well. Surprised they aren't making a play for Bill Cowher if they're aiming high.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rivera has his faults but I think he has become a good HC overall and would be a smart hire for a team like Washington. He'd be a fool to go work for Snyder though because that doesn't work no matter how good of a coach you might be.

Sep 19, 2008
Usually knocked for his lack of playoff success, people forget Lewis won above 50 percent of his games in Cincinnati and had to deal with an organization unwilling to spend big bucks in free agency.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Rivera has his faults but I think he has become a good HC overall and would be a smart hire for a team like Washington. He'd be a fool to go work for Snyder though because that doesn't work no matter how good of a coach you might be.

Good way to cash in the checks going into his 60s though considering how Synder spends.

Reactions: Avs_19 and Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
That's True of anyone that works for Dan "TheMan" Snyder... So for all his future head coaches Get de money!!! it'll be a disaster.
I'll wish Ron well unless he works for Snyder then my dislove of Snyder will more then offset my no hard feelings to Ron..

Reactions: Avs_19

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Or the Giants who’d be a natural fit with Gettleman there but it seems like the Skins are wasting no time here.

Reactions: Avs_19

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Browns job just opened up. That's a good fit for him. The talent is there and they just need proper coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad