Confirmed with Link: Ron Hextall fired as Exec VP/GM, Presser Tue 11/27 11am: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
bvj2xda.jpg

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Dead, you have to remember that Homer was also GM under an aging Snider who wanted a cup win before his death. Yes they sacrificed picks for wasted bandaids that hurt us in the later years, but Ed certainly had a big hand in that.
People may not want to admit it but Ed was the Jerry Jones of hockey

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The good news about this is that we have no one left with a pseudo romantic connection to ****ing Gordo, so there's less chance he is kept.

Watch he'll be named HC next, because **** me, right?

Also, Hexy was the only one who was super good friends with ****ing Garth Snow, and the less Garth in our crew the better.

Looking for silver linings. Or something.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Given we have to make room for like 20 prospects over the next 3 years, I'm totally fine with trading draft picks for NHL talent.

Reactions: Tripod

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hextall never went for it because the two playoff teams he had in four full years as GM weren't close to being Cup contenders.
A part of that is on him. Everyone one but Giroux, Simmonds and MacDonald on the current Flyers were signed by Hextall.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A part of that is on him. Everyone one but Giroux, Simmonds and MacDonald on the current Flyers were signed by Hextall.

Sure, but trading picks for rentals in 15-16 or 17-18 would have just been dumb.

The multiple goalie injuries forced his hand with Mzarek.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Given we have to make room for like 20 prospects over the next 3 years, I'm totally fine with trading draft picks for NHL talent.
The problem is there's no reason to believe they'll be able to intelligently choose who is expendable and who to target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad