Recalled/Assigned: Roman Scorak

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
It's been 8 games, I'm not comfortable giving him a kleenex

I wouldn't even give him a ride to the ambulance if he was dying:sarcasm:

I agree we should wait, but if him and Hudler get along as well as they have been, I hope he'll take a short term discount. Plus with the new CBA players won't make as much as they did

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wouldn't even give him a ride to the ambulance if he was dying:sarcasm:

I agree we should wait, but if him and Hudler get along as well as they have been, I hope he'll take a short term discount. Plus with the new CBA players won't make as much as they did
It's hard to say how the CBA will affect a salary for someone like Cervenka.

Last time around the top end players took lower cap hits for longer term deals, so we would see elite players only making a small amount more than borderline 1st liners. It also saw 35+ players taking a bit less money and 2nd rate players taking more money.

I think the drop in the cap will cause the middling players to take pay cuts, I think 1st and 2nd liners will still see their salaries stay stagnant until the cap starts rising again. But I think the 2nd rate players (the Stajan's, Lombardi's, Gaustad's and Stoll's) will start making less.

That said, if Roman Cervenka continues the same pace and continues generating the chances he has been then I would be willing to give him around 3 million on a 2 year deal. I am not sure about signing him long term though.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It's been 8 games, I'm not comfortable giving him a kleenex

Don't jump the gun. There has been a lot of guys over the years who looked like superstars for a few weeks only to come back down to earth. He looks promising but lets see how he deals with the grind of the NHL schedule.

Obviously I mean at the deadline/off season if he continues playing well. Not right this moment :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad