Roman Josi: Your Honest Thoughts

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
7 points at his last 4 games. It seems like he finds his offensive touch. But how did Josi play defensively lately?

Defensively, he's still a little up-and-down, mainly in terms of handling the puck on the breakout. He needs to learn to weight his passes a little better; they're often too soft and result in turnovers and dangerous scoring chances for the other team. But that's just something that comes with NHL experience.

I firmly believe that we aren't seeing the apex of Josi's abilities yet. That won't come until next spring at the earliest.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
Defensively, he's still a little up-and-down, mainly in terms of handling the puck on the breakout. He needs to learn to weight his passes a little better; they're often too soft and result in turnovers and dangerous scoring chances for the other team. But that's just something that comes with NHL experience.

I firmly believe that we aren't seeing the apex of Josi's abilities yet. That won't come until next spring at the earliest.

More likely a year after that. It took Weber & Suter several years to get fully developed, and I don't expect Josi to get there any quicker. But he's going to get there.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
when Webs gets annoyed/distracted, Josi notices it and he becomes tentative. That was a real plus with Suter - he was rock-steady and could give Webs a few mins to pull it together

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Here is a link to an interview with Josi in Swiss German.

They ask him about his plans for the future since he wil be a RFA this summer. He sais that he hopes he can stay in Nashville. He loves the town, really cool city with nice people and great fans. He loves to play with Weber and is happy about his increased TOI. He is also happy that he could take much more responsability compared to last year.

When asked which other Swiss he would like to join the Preds he answers with Streit (played together during the lockout and had a great time).

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/story/-Mit-Streit-in-der-NHL-zu-spielen--waere-toll--24041200

Preddownsouth

Feb 20, 2013
Here is a link to an interview with Josi in Swiss German.

They ask him about his plans for the future since he wil be a RFA this summer. He sais that he hopes he can stay in Nashville. He loves the town, really cool city with nice people and great fans. He loves to play with Weber and is happy about his increased TOI. He is also happy that he could take much more responsability compared to last year.

When asked which other Swiss he would like to join the Preds he answers with Streit (played together during the lockout and had a great time).

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/story/-Mit-Streit-in-der-NHL-zu-spielen--waere-toll--24041200

Cool - thanks for sharing.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
And I meant that question more in the context of "will he sign with another team over us, if he's given the opportunity"

I don't follow all the contract/arbitration stuff very closely.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
And I meant that question more in the context of "will he sign with another team over us, if he's given the opportunity"

I don't follow all the contract/arbitration stuff very closely.

He's a RFA which means he can sign with us or sign an offer sheet which the Preds can match. There are no other options for him if he wants to stay in the NHL.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I haven't seen a full game in a while, and I must say that i am impressed ! he kept progressing and maturing.

He is now logging on a regular basis very high minutes on ice. (even higher than before . NHL wise he ranks 5th with 26,16... behind Weber 4th with 26,45)

Very solid player, awesome passes, great and fast decision making, awesome vision, super IQ, very responsible, great drive to the offense ...

The beautiful flower he is keeps blossoming.

Probably time to separate him from Weber ?

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I haven't seen a full game in a while, and I must say that i am impressed ! he kept progressing and maturing.

He is now logging on a regular basis very high minutes on ice. (even higher than before . NHL wise he ranks 5th with 26,16... behind Weber 4th with 26,45)

Very solid player, awesome passes, great and fast decision making, awesome vision, super IQ, very responsible, great drive to the offense ...

The beautiful flower he is keeps blossoming.

Probably time to separate him from Weber ?

no.
thee whole reason we traded for Del Zotto was to balance our D pairs in terms of L/R
our pairs are set for the foreseeable future

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
He's a good piece to our future... assuming he doesn't build upon his 5 concussions.

Still havne't found out if his 7 yr contract is insured.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
His 12th goal means 9th in the League among defenders, really nice to see him getting some points of late.
More points per game than Chara, Suter, Seabrook, Green, Doughty, Fowler, Bouwmeester etc.

While his scoring production was average during the first months, in his last 13 games Josi has 3G, 8A, 11P and a +11 :yo:
He averages 26:21 TOI per game, 5th in the NHL.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad