Roman Josi info

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Top pair d-man IMO (although with Weber still here and Jones coming through who knows in future), is a good two-way player, is useful on the powerplay and penalty kill. His game really has no glaring weaknesses to speak of. He will be in the NHL for a very very long time.

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
I'd say he's already better than Kulikov.

He's basically either too good for the second pairing or not quite good enough for the 1st pairing. I'd say he'll be a good number 3 with possible top pairing potential.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I think he is Suter-lite right now and will develop into a Suter-esque top pairing player over time. He is an exceptional puck-moving defenseman with great mobility and vision who can carry the puck up and into the offensive zone with reasonable success. His positional defense is good, but no where near Suter levels at this juncture, and he is not going to be a bruising physical defenseman ever imo.

I parallel him to Suter a lot, but there are some uncanny similiarities; even Trotz / Poile feel the same way.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I don't see him as a similar defenseman at all to Suter.

Josi has incredible puck skills and offensive skills but he doesn't have Suter's IQ, which is Suter's biggest asset.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I don't see him as a similar defenseman at all to Suter.

Josi has incredible puck skills and offensive skills but he doesn't have Suter's IQ, which is Suter's biggest asset.

Suter also has exceptional puck / offensive skills and is not a physical defenseman; that right there is enough to say there is some similiarity. I think his IQ develops over time.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Suter does, because of his vision. He's not going to dangle anyone but his breakouts timing are almost unmatched in the league. Josi on the other hand, can dangle, has an incredible shot.

Making it as simple as they both have puck skills makes it sound the same, when their approach isn't the same at all.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Suter does, because of his vision. He's not going to dangle anyone but his breakouts timing are almost unmatched in the league. Josi on the other hand, can dangle, has an incredible shot.

Making it as simple as they both have puck skills makes it sound the same, when their approach isn't the same at all.

He had an amazing shot in Switzerland.

Can't understand why he doesn't score more.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
When Josi was a rookie in the AHL, he didn't look or play like a rookie. That is unusual in my experience. He should have a lot of upside in the NHL.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Josi is nominated for the best male Sportsmen in Switzerland for 2013. 10 guys are nominated and the TV viewers can decide.

I think he has very little chances to win, but to even be nominated is a great accomplishment!

Maybe a few famous other nominees:

Roger Federer - Tennis
Stan Wawrinka - Tennis
Dario Cologna - Cross-Country
Fabian Cancellara - cyling

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Josi is nominated for the best male Sportsmen in Switzerland for 2013. 10 guys are nominated and the TV viewers can decide.

I think he has very little chances to win, but to even be nominated is a great accomplishment!

Roger Federer - Tennis
Stan Wawrinka - Tennis

That's great for him; first piece of good news related to the Preds I've seen in a while.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch

Roger Federer - Tennis
Stan Wawrinka - Tennis

He was MVP in the last WC ! where the team finished in silver.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Josi finished third in this public voting.

Behind Stanislas Wawrinka and Dario Cologna.

elduderino

Jul 5, 2009
With more than half of the season played, how has Josi looked so far?
Because of the time difference I'm almost never able to watch a Nashville game. But I see that his TOI has steadily gone up since his return from injury. In the last few games he also collected some points.

The Predators play a very defensive oriented style and it makes me wonder, if Trotz's system holds a guy like Josi in his offensive development back? He was a dominant offensive force at last year's WC and before in the Swiss National League. Also, when you see that a guy like Suter suddenly puts up huge numbers on another team, it really begs the question if Trotz should alter his coaching style.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
With more than half of the season played, how has Josi looked so far?
Because of the time difference I'm almost never able to watch a Nashville game. But I see that his TOI has steadily gone up since his return from injury. In the last few games he also collected some points.

The Predators play a very defensive oriented style and it makes me wonder, if Trotz's system holds a guy like Josi in his offensive development back? He was a dominant offensive force at last year's WC and before in the Swiss National League. Also, when you see that a guy like Suter suddenly puts up huge numbers on another team, it really begs the question if Trotz should alter his coaching style.

Josi has played really well and aside from his injury early this season he has been great. His point production has even started to increase and he is our best D-man when it comes to carrying the puck into the o-zone and creating scoring chances off the rush. He is well worth the contract he recently got and I see him playing on our top pairing for a long time along side Weber.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
How has Josi looked like lately ?

(having a demanding job, i cannot watch the games ... (2pm here !)

Do you think he hit his potential or is he still evolving and progressing ?
(i saw an acceleration in point per game ... he actually is at 2 points from Weber, same for the +/- and regularly loggs more time per game ... but these are only stats)

tks

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He is showing us new things. Really impressive this year. I don't think most people realize how good he can be. He's is still young.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
He's having a really great year. Always solid on the defensive end & has been absolutely en fuego on the offensive end lately.

He's been shooting the puck more this year but I still want to see more of it Lol..it's a thing of beauty.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
This guy is amazing, offensively and defensively. This year, he found his offense a bit, which I was always waiting for since his time in Bern, when he was a PP producing machine. And he complements Weber so well, let's you forget about Suter. Surely an All-Star if the Concussion stays away from him.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
This guy is amazing, offensively and defensively. This year, he found his offense a bit, which I was always waiting for since his time in Bern, when he was a PP producing machine. And he complements Weber so well, let's you forget about Suter. Surely an All-Star if the Concussion stays away from him.

happy to read that.
I also remained on "waiting mode" for that :)
He had amazing snipes from the blue line. while our rinks are bigger. (with +'s and -'s)

tks you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad