Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Washington waived Roman Hamrlik

We have a better team&defense than Washington

Why should we claim Roman Hamrlik?

Players that get waived are terrible 90% of the time, I'm amazed theres always people that want to claim them all. Hammer is done.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
We don't need Hamrlik. Kaberle is proving to be a great 7th defenseman, and after that we've still got Weber who has also shown good things at times. Hamrlik is old and was recently waived by one of the worst teams in the conference, what does that tell you about him?

We don't need another defenseman.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No thanks. Thought he shouldn't have leave in the first place. But now I think we're better without him.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
Will prolly be already gone before our turn

no wonder why WSH is not doing good :laugh:

Hamrlik only played 4 games this year

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
We don't need Hamrlik. Kaberle is proving to be a great 7th defenseman, and after that we've still got Weber who has also shown good things at times. Hamrlik is old and was recently waived by one of the worst teams in the conference, what does that tell you about him?

We don't need another defenseman.

We don't need Roman Hamrlik to be that other defensemen. Our D can get better with the right addition.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Two years ago, I was happy and relieved when he refused Gauthier's bonified offer to stay in Montreal. He was falling big time, and now he's turned into a 7th d-man at best. If you want to get a d-man for depth purpose, get a big body to clear the crease.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
At least we don't have Cole anymore...

My own impression... I'd feel like Hamrlik was a better fit for our needs than one of our littler PMDs in the spare slot. And his contract is up after this year, so no buyouts needed or anything. If I had a deal for Kaberle/Weber I'd consider picking up Hamrlik... at the discretion of our pro scouts. Haven't paid too much attention to him, but he has only been in 4 games, so maybe he just hasn't had a chance to show if he's got anything left or not. He had cold stretches as a Hab too. If I didn't have a huge red flag and could talk to him and figure out if he was really pumped and enthused to come back to Montreal, I'd consider taking a chance on him.

But still contingent on having a deal in place for Kaberle/Weber, and maybe we just don't have that.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
As soon as I read this on Twitter I knew there would be a thread on it.

He was finished when he left this team and that was a season and a half ago...

He's probably not even good enough to play a regular shift in Hamilton.

FeelsLike93

Feb 25, 2009
We don't need Hamrlik ok but I'd rather have him on the ice than Kaberle. Obviously Kabs is only on cause the injury to Diaz but I don't get some of the hate for him I thought he was as solid as any other dman when he was here. Maybe he's not the same player now but nonetheless still a upgrade on Kaberle

Habtchum*

We should had re-sign him two years ago. Now, it's too late. The guy is good for retirement.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Les résidences soleil called, they're looking for him.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
As much as I like Hamrlik and that he's done for us. I'd rather not give it a try. Besides, I'm sure another team will pick him up before we even get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad