GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8 | at Chicago | 9/29 8PM | NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I’m not ragging on Wenny when I say this (because he catches so much flack around here as it is) but he seems to have gotten a chip on his shoulder in the last year when it comes to the media? Maybe it’s just towards Bobby Mac but he’s definitely changed his atttitude when giving interviews lol
That's what happens when you're playing injured a good chunk of the season and a rookie comes in and takes your spot.

PLD won't be the de facto #1. It's going to be a battle all season for the spot, which hopefully means we won't have a true #1 but two top lines that Torts can roll the hot hand.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
That's what happens when you're playing injured a good chunk of the season and a rookie comes in and takes your spot.

PLD won't be the de facto #1. It's going to be a battle all season for the spot, which hopefully means we won't have a true #1 but two top lines that Torts can roll the hot hand.

Amen. It's long been a mystery to me how certain folks here decide who gets the "injury pass" and who doesn't.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
- Davidsson on the other hand seemed like a small speedy Euroleague scorer. Very weak on the puck and couldn't really work in tight spaces. Tough to project NHL future based on that game, although I realize he's used to larger ice where that skill set is a better fit. Maybe he can make adjustments.

This is what makes his refusal to play for Cleveland so maddening. He could get a full season on the small ice under his belt up here before he makes his NHL debut.

Reactions: CBJSTH

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Amen. It's long been a mystery to me how certain folks here decide who gets the "injury pass" and who doesn't.

Wennberg had the "injury pass" before he was even injured.

Dubois is the #1 C, don't fool yourselves after 1 preseason game.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Wennberg had the "injury pass" before he was even injured.

He didn't need the injury pass before he was injured. He was performing about as expected and getting better every year. So I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure I disagree...

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
This is what makes his refusal to play for Cleveland so maddening. He could get a full season on the small ice under his belt up here before he makes his NHL debut.

Because there have been dozens of Swedish prospects recently who's NHL dreams have died in the AHL. It has a very bad reputation right now in Sweden - players like Zaar who never ended up playing in the NHL and felt they didn't get enough ice time in the AHL. The reputation the AHL has is that Swedes don't develop there - they develop in the SHL.

But for Davidsson, this likely is the last season he gets to play on a line with his brother before they both make the jump to North America on separate teams. So that may be a bigger factor.

Last edited:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
He didn't need the injury pass before he was injured. He was performing about as expected and getting better every year. So I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure I disagree...
I also recall all of us being like "Yo wtf is up with Wennberg?" and then the injury came to light months into the season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
He probably intentionally injured himself for that very reason. Also so he wouldn't have to work out in the off season. Even though there are mirrors in the gym. It's all very confusing.

Not confusing at all. I got this. We're solving stuff. What's next!

tumblr_mwfewgPugr1qzh561o6_250.gif

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I know the home games have been on the CBJ website - anyone know if this will be on St. Louis'?

It's all blacked out for me, so I just use the stream page on reddit. Every game, including pre-season is on there. You can google it, the links are not allowed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia