GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8 | at Chicago | 9/29 8PM | NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Abramov has been selfish with the puck tonight, IMO. Which can be a good thing and a bad thing... Also, Davidsson has went unnoticed aside from absorbing a decent collision in the first.
Yeah Abramov showed some really nice flashes but will need to get used to avoiding contact at the pace the NHL is at. He's clearly very shifty and has speed and quickness, but needs to find those lanes faster. He'll get there.

Only thing I could see in Davidsson is some good skating. The rest needs at least another year.

I missed the first half of the game. Guys must be gassed, because no one looks good to me, like they're all mailing it in.
Yeah really wanted to make sure I saw the first period to see the guys before their legs got too heavy. Was only half paying attention in the 2nd and turned it off after that.

Savard and Dubi made a couple of nifty plays with the puck that I don't remember seeing last year. Kukan just looks smart and mobile. PLD looked faster, maybe a bit stronger, and looks like he's been working on his hands which seemed slightly more nimble than last year, though that's hard to really say for sure after a period and a half of pre-season play.

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I watched some of the game and thought the difference between Abramov and Davidsson was quite big.

- Davidsson on the other hand seemed like a small speedy Euroleague scorer. Very weak on the puck and couldn't really work in tight spaces. Tough to project NHL future based on that game, although I realize he's used to larger ice where that skill set is a better fit. Maybe he can make adjustments.

I'll start off here. I think what's clear is the difference in the TYPE of player they are. Abramov probably has a bit more "high end" offensive potential, where I think Davidson has the ability to play and be a threat on the PK. Abramov seems to be a bit better of a skater but really the difference is that he is more of a "shifty"/east-west type skater with the puck and Davidsson is more of a "straight line" skater, like Bjorkstrand. I pretty much completely disagree with the idea that he's, "very weak on the puck" and/or "couldn't really work in tight spaces". 1 instance people might remember was when he "fanned" on the puck out at the blueline which BUF turned into a semi 3 on 2. Davidsson being the last guy back, very calmly "fell back" and led the BUF player to the outside before waiting for a VERY GOOD time to go for the puck, which he then pretty easily bumped the guy and took the puck away.

For all the different things, and most importantly MORE things that ALL of Abramov, Davidsson, and Duclair bring, I have even less "hope" for the CBJ-Milano fans after game 1.

Other than liking Abramov and Davidsson, I also like(d) Vigneault. I fully expect Robinson to impress in the same type of way in the preseason. And because they are able to take draws (Vigneault especially), along with Sedlak also doing these things, I have the same feelings and "hope" for Hanikainen as I do Milano in a CBJ jersey. I think the other guys are better while also bringing more versatility. Milano STILL stands around out there. His head gets closer to the puck but not his skates .

Also thought Clendening looked quite good. Better than Harrington and just as good as Kukan and Nutivaara. Not a huge difference between the "top 4" but you could say it was Kukan-Savard-Clendening-Nutivaara.

Both Savard and Dubinsky looked thinner/quicker. Was kind of unlucky around the net a couple times, and its game 1 of the preseason, but I would like it if Dubi and the other guys were a bit tougher out front and around the net. Thiessen definitely didn't help. For those that didn't watch, its hard to put into words how "unmotivated"/f***ing terrible Thiessen was.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Just to "complete" the roster, like his play in TC, Kivlenieks looked VERY SOLID again in the 1st period. Pronman hype or not maybe even HE (along with the others) should be seen as a LEGIT goalie prospect. f***, he looks better than Forsberg ever did, imo.

Thurkauf (who for some reason I thought was MUCH smaller) and Macinnis are "big" guys, can skate, chip in a bit of offense. But, they seem to be 100% AHL guys, for now anyway. I would take them as 4th line wingers over Hannikainen though.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
What twitter?

Bold prediction of preseason game 2: Collins looks clearly better than Carlsson

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I know that it’s only preseason game 2 buttttt I’m actually really really excited to see this lineup play.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I know last year there was no offensive plan in place. When they do systems later in camp, is there any word if that will be different this year?

Already seems we are getting into that "million low quality shots" mentaility we have previously and aren't forcing dangerous ice.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Riley Nash a perfect 6/6 in faceoffs in the first. Wennberg and Nash combined for a 10/11 record in the faceoff circle. Foudy... 0/4.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I actually think Collins looks fine. He covers a lot of ice and is physical. Puck skills aren't that strong but, meh. He's a pretty fluid skater for a big man.

Wennberg is 80% on the dot and has a goal :naughty:

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Wennberg is looking pretty good. He seems to be shooting the puck more .

Him and the linesman seem to be beefing.

1 faceoff back in the 1st or early 2nd, the CHI center was clearly the 1 who 'jumped the gun' and was completely over the faceoff dot and had Wennberg's stick tied up, at the exact moment the linesman waves Wennberg off.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I would like it if people could explain to me why Murray hasn't been the best player on the ice after 2 periods....

:popcorn:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Hey guys. And so it begins.... Right on schedule.

@RobMixer: Ryan Murray is wincing in pain behind the Blue Jackets' net. No idea what happened but he doesn't look comfortable. #CBJ

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bubble wrap is hurt again :help:. Gotta say , I’m floored that Wennberg is shooting the puck . He will become a legit threat if he continues to play aggressive like this . Beurube and Rain man have looked worlds better than Thiessen. Foudy has been invisible

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Brandon Davidson, the guy who hit Murray, is the guy I want the Jackets to sign, to provide proper depth in case Murray gets hurt. I don't think the Hawks have signed him yet.

Foudy has been invisible

They put Foudy on a line with Jenner and Anderson. Three forecheckers and no playmaking. To me it's just like what do you expect. Mix in a guy like Stenlund.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
For those not watching, Murray went back to the dressing room. Took a big hit earlier .

Its his f***ing knee or upper leg area.

It actually happened when HE knocked a guy down, the shift before the "big hit". It looked like the guys skate came up and hit Murray, somewhat similar to what happened to Panarin with Orlov's skate. He came out for a shift after that and you could tell it was still bothering him.

Cant wait for the 'glass man' comments.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I would like it if people could explain to me why Murray hasn't been the best player on the ice after 2 periods....

:popcorn:

tumblr_muou6u10FH1sihxkfo2_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad