GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8 | at Chicago | 9/29 8PM | NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Does anybody know if the preseason broadcasts are made available to the rest of the radio network or is it only 1460 or 102.5?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
- Savard looking good
- Dubinsky looks motivated
- Kukan having a good game
- Abramov might still need some time but has a ton of potential
- Wanted to see more of Kivlenieks
- PLD is a force

I missed the first half of the game. Guys must be gassed, because no one looks good to me, like they're all mailing it in.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I missed the first half of the game. Guys must be gassed, because no one looks good to me, like they're all mailing it in.
they started much better but between having no legs and Theissen allowing any decent chance to get behind him it went downhill fast

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Milano was doing his best Jenga tower impression tonight but he also looked more confident taking the game on and making things happen (or almost happen) offensively. That's my only real observation. That was about as preseason as it gets.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I put no stock in preseason games anymore. So wins and losses don't matter to me. However, it matters for the fringe guys, and I saw nothing out of Abramov or Davidsson to show that they should stay in the NHL this year, but it is only one game.

Reactions: CBJSTH

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I put no stock in preseason games anymore. So wins and losses don't matter to me. However, it matters for the fringe guys, and I saw nothing out of Abramov or Davidsson to show that they should stay in the NHL this year, but it is only one game.

I only saw half of it, and you know pre-season, but I thought Bjorkstrand, Davidsson, and Abramov all looked kind of similar. All three are small RWs (and that's before you include Cam, who is shorter but much sturdier than all three of them). I don't see us keeping all 3 if Davidsson and Abramov become NHLers. And call me crazy, but I'm not 100% sure that Bjorkstrand is going to be the best of that group after the other two are done developing. Davidsson looks faster, Abramov shiftier. Bjorkstrand has too many games where he just can't get there.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Observations from a period and a half.

-Abramov looked fast, and like he'll be able to play in the NHL- he definitely has the skill for it. After tonight, I'm hoping he goes and dominates the AHL, and gets a few NHL games in.
-Davidsson looked similar to Abramov- he will also be an NHL player. I actually like his game a lot between this and the scrimmage. He'll be on the team next year.
-Duclair looked decent, especially with his pass on the goal. He didn't have the best overall game, but he should make the team.
-I may be in the minority, but I thought Milano looked noticeably stronger on the puck than he did last year. I like him and Duclair together so far.
-Kukan and Nuti were the best defensemen.

-Last, playing with PLD might be just enough to get Panarin to stay. I mean, that is a big boy. And he was far and away the best player on the ice in my book.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Dubinsky looked thinner and quicker which is a good thing.

Also, I didn’t think Milano looked any different. Still had trouble skating the puck in transition and winning board battles.

Reactions: thebus88

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I watched some of the game and thought the difference between Abramov and Davidsson was quite big.

- Abramov was a lot more impressive. He was shifty and despite his small size, had some strength on the puck. To me his skill set was more projectable to the NHL level. Came close a couple times, could've gotten few points.

- Davidsson on the other hand seemed like a small speedy Euroleague scorer. Very weak on the puck and couldn't really work in tight spaces. Tough to project NHL future based on that game, although I realize he's used to larger ice where that skill set is a better fit. Maybe he can make adjustments.

- Duclair was meh. Didn't really do anything different than he has in the past couple seasons when he's been bouncing around. Him and Milano are somewhat similar type of players. Not sure about their future. Definitely can't put them in the same line if you want results.

- Bjorkstrand to me was going at half-speed, which is common for the more established players in these games. Dubinsky had a bit more jump in his step than last season so maybe he's not completely done.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
You can see the skill with Abramov, but he turned the puck over a lot trying to do too much to prove himself. It was also weird to see him in Hartsy's old #43.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
You can see the skill with Abramov, but he turned the puck over a lot trying to do too much to prove himself. It was also weird to see him in Hartsy's old #43.
That was strange, I agree.

I was pretty skeptical of Abramov's chances to become an impact NHL'er. That said, one thing I do like about him and something I saw last night was Abramov's willingness to take chances with the puck. Craftiness with the puck is something that Panarin and Werenski demonstrate and is a big reason why they are pivotal on the power play. When challenged, rather than cough the puck up or dump it, those players will often successfully stickhandle their way out of trouble. It is like a QB's ability to scramble to extend a play. I saw Abramov take that approach last night and liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad