ROH/NJPW Supershow at MSG 4/6

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I find this show has a very odd feel. I'm not really enjoying it, especially this recent Dudley match. I expect the NJPW big guns to bring it though. Disappointing crowd responses too.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
PCO AND HIS ENTRANCE LOL. <3
And he brought Destro. Not sure if he has brought him to ROH before.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Not sure your question but I’m sure people jumped after the tag title match. Cameras didn’t show but you could see the fight and bully Ray RUNNING down the ramp.

Are you saying it was Enzo and Cass??? Loll or I understood everything wrong?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
apparently they hopped the fence and attacked some of the tag teams. some are speculating it's a work, but i don't see why it would be a work if broadcast cameras supposedly cut away from it
It’s a work. Report is booking team was against it but higher ups pushed it through.

Reactions: domaug

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Not sure your question but I’m sure people jumped after the tag title match. Cameras didn’t show but you could see the fight and bully Ray RUNNING down the ramp.

Are you saying it was Enzo and Cass??? Loll or I understood everything wrong?
yes it was Enzo and Cass. the footage i saw made it seem like a work but it was just weird to me how it apparently wasn't on the broadcast

i hope ROH didn't actually sign them. the only value they have is being on the WWE roster for a bit.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
yes it was Enzo and Cass. the footage i saw made it seem like a work but it was just weird to me how it apparently wasn't on the broadcast

i hope ROH didn't actually sign them. the only value they have is being on the WWE roster for a bit.

It was a stupid spot anyways.

Enzo and Cass don't really fit into ROH. Neither of them are great workers (especially Cass), and just being good at talking shit doesn't get you far in that promotion. I really don't want to see them there.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Yeah ok. I mean it is what it is but they didn’t show it or mentioned it.
So maybe they did it but they said no thanks. Or will be saved for an episode of ROH. But yeah it was weird.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I find this show has a very odd feel. I'm not really enjoying it, especially this recent Dudley match. I expect the NJPW big guns to bring it though. Disappointing crowd responses too.

I mean, the ROH side isn't very good. That promotion has pretty much been riding their talent share with NJPW for relevance for a while now. NXT is basically what ROH was a decade ago. Their booking sucks, their talent isn't nearly as good as it was in the mid 2000's, and AEW is probably going to blow them off the map.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
One of the Briscoes not murdering Enzo makes me think that it had to be a work, regardless of anything else.

Naito vs Ibushi is the main match I wanted to see on this show. Should be a good one.

I mean, the ROH side isn't very good. That promotion has pretty much been riding their talent share with NJPW for relevance for a while now. NXT is basically what ROH was a decade ago. Their booking sucks, their talent isn't nearly as good as it was in the mid 2000's, and AEW is probably going to blow them off the map.

Yes, I know. I haven't been all that interested in ROH since the days of Punk/Joe/Danielson. I didn't expect much from the ROH guys, but I also find the general atmosphere disappointing. There have been enjoyable parts though, and I expect that things are going to pick up from this point on. I enjoyed Quebecer Pierre earlier.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Man don’t be talking like that if this isn’t school

I asked this because I have seen nothing about it on WO/F4W, PWI (where Dave Scherer was acting like it was a shoot) and PWT or any of their guys on Twitter so I had no idea where you saw that. I'm here and instantly thought it was almost surely a work. The ROH people are idiots.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I asked this because I have seen nothing about it on WO/F4W, PWI (where Dave Scherer was acting like it was a shoot) and PWT or any of their guys on Twitter so I had no idea where you saw that. I'm here and instantly thought it was almost surely a work. The ROH people are idiots.
I’m sensitive ok. I’ve had to cite a lot of work for school this week. :laugh:

Reactions: sabremike

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Yeah... not pleased with the show in general (ROH I guess). Maybe last night was so good that nothing ever will be good and I have to watch Take Over in loop forever.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Pro tip: if you want to convince people something was a shoot you don't want them to see don't have your official Twitter account retweet fans posting video of the incident.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
NJPW needs to move on from ROH and get the partnership with AEW, seriously.

NJPW is never going to do that. Their partnership with CMLL has gone decades, and AEW partnered with AAA. So this will never ever happen because they can't lose the CMLL partnership. NJPW would probably look to partner with a different company before that or they'd try to bring CMLL here for shows. AEW also f***ed them when taking talent away from them, that's not something they're going to forget. NJPW is still the same company that kept a partnership with WCW for nearly a decade.

As long as ROH supplies regular touring spots for NJPW talent and as long as they continue to take people when NJPW sends them on excursion, that partnership is going to stick. The Japanese way of doing things is not how things are done here, and they're probably very happy with how this went. They got all their talent on a huge show in the US. Mission accomplished.

Personally, I thought when they had Fighting Spirit Unleashed as a dual show similar to this one, that it was better. I was glad to be at that one too. I will also say that the way NJPW sticks with the old ways is bothersome sometimes, but the way they stick with them shows that those rules will apply to their relationship with ROH. Wrestlers like Sanada and Ibushi should be getting pushed harder, but they aren't because they didn't come through the dojo. It took Ibushi years of grinding just to get to IC level.

Also, to go back to the AEW thing, AEW has no brand awareness in Japan yet. ROH on the other hand does and that's why they keep bringing people from ROH over there. Personally I don't give a shit about ROH at all and don't think there's any real value in anyone they have except Cobb, Gresham, and the other guys the two companies already share.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad