ROH/NJPW Supershow at MSG 4/6

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Figured this event deserves it's own thread as the biggest non WWE/WCW show of the modern era. If you want to go I HIGHLY recommend going on TixPick because they don't charge fees and I just got 2 tickets for $39 each. So many events that week is causing prices to fall.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
When I was looking at possibly going to Mania several weeks back, I was shocked at how (relatively) reasonable the NJPW show tickets were on the resale market.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
We already have 2 matches:

Brisoces vs. GoD Title vs Title
Jay White vs. NJ Cup winner.

I wonder if they do Juice vs Chase Owens for the US Title on this show or on the final day of the cup.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When I was looking at possibly going to Mania several weeks back, I was shocked at how (relatively) reasonable the NJPW show tickets were on the resale market.

Once it was known that the Elite folks weren’t going to be there, and especially Omega, that really was a kick in the nuts to resellers. Let’s be real, that was NJPW’s meal ticket to NA expansion.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Full card announced including new matches featuring Ibushi-Naito for the IWGP intercontinental and ZSJ-Tanahashi for the British heavyweight title. The show will be on NJPW World so I'm definitely checking that out but holy crap is the TakeOver show stacked as well.

The IC title match was being teased at the end of the NJC tour. I'm glad they're putting it on this show. Dontaku and Best of Super Jr. isn't until the beginning of May so we need something to wet the whistle until then.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I felt pretty blah about this show....then I learned Jushin Liger would be there and even though it's only in the battle royal I want to see him live before he retires next year.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
It really looks like a kickass show. They've even added the ROH women's title to the card. It's impressive how an ROH/NJPW show can still look great without The Elite.

Just because I think show will run much longer than TakeOver...I'll watch this on Sunday morning and watch TakeOver live on the Network. Give me these two shows together and I'd rather watch that than all of Mania.

Mania will have good matches but the entire card is bloated as hell. I can't sit through all of Mania. I'm going to check in and out of the show.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
New Japan delivering Ibushi vs Naito, an Okada IWGP title challenge and a Tanahashi singles match at MSG is a dream.

And Cobb/Ospreay and the junior three way are going to be awesome.

Then add on the ROH ladder match and the tag title match where PCO will kill himself and this is a hell of a show.

I mean the preshow is a 30 man Royal Rumble. The preshow!

Reactions: Disclose

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It really looks like a kickass show. They've even added the ROH women's title to the card. It's impressive how an ROH/NJPW show can still look great without The Elite.

Just because I think show will run much longer than TakeOver...I'll watch this on Sunday morning and watch TakeOver live on the Network. Give me these two shows together and I'd rather watch that than all of Mania.

Mania will have good matches but the entire card is bloated as hell. I can't sit through all of Mania. I'm going to check in and out of the show.

Takeover is on Friday. The MSG show runs against the Hall of Fame

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I assume the card is finalized...

2019.04.06 G1 SUPERCARD | NEW JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING

Haven't kept too much of an eye on ROH lately. Excited for that tag team match and I love Jay Lethal. Cool for Marty to be in a big match like this.

The rumble will be fun...should be a mixed bag of entrants. No complaints looking at this show...I'll be all over it.

It'll be a bit of a slow period after this show but you get Dontaku, Best of Super Jr and Dominion within a month of each other...going to be a lot of good stuff ahead for New Japan.

So far, I've not lost the scent with this promotion post-Kenny. I really enjoyed following the New Japan Cup.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The Cup really helped them out. It was hard to think about what was missing when they were doing 12 shows in three weeks and so many matches delivered.

They’ve got fresh replacements ready to move up. With Ibushi signing an exclusive deal with them that’s a top guy right there and they can finally go all the way with him. Ospreay is on his way to heavyweight (but I think he does BOSJ again this year, I think he becomes the first guy to do the Cup, BOSJ and G1 in the same year). Shingo Takagi should also be moving to heavyweight after BOSJ. And they’ve already committed to Jay White as a top guy. Not everyone gets the big belt...and he’s main eventing MSG at 26. They could get behind Sanada after his cup run too.

They’re so stocked in talent they’re hard to slow down.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I assume the card is finalized...

2019.04.06 G1 SUPERCARD | NEW JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING

Haven't kept too much of an eye on ROH lately. Excited for that tag team match and I love Jay Lethal. Cool for Marty to be in a big match like this.

The rumble will be fun...should be a mixed bag of entrants. No complaints looking at this show...I'll be all over it.

It'll be a bit of a slow period after this show but you get Dontaku, Best of Super Jr and Dominion within a month of each other...going to be a lot of good stuff ahead for New Japan.

So far, I've not lost the scent with this promotion post-Kenny. I really enjoyed following the New Japan Cup.

Same, it's been pretty much getting it's talent siphoned by AEW and WWE. And Marty is jumping ship to one or the other (depending if he wants to join his buddies or his gf, hopefully it's the former) as soon as his deal is up. I still check in from time to time basically because of him and Lethal. Like The Kingdom too.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Strap in for a long show. The preshow starts at 630 (there’s a dark match at 615 featuring women from Stardom) and the main show at 730. It’s booked until midnight on PPV. Nearly six hours for those in attendance. With so many big matches needing time this will be a relief to the hardcore fans but I could see casuals thinking twice of a five and a half hour show (with preshow) before tomorrows 7 plus hour affair.

But it had to be done...and I’m thankful nothing will have to be rushed. There are 7 big time matches on that main card. And 3 that are more iffy...but they’re on early.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
NJPW World says their broadcast starts at 6:30. It's a pretty good sized card and they'll give these matches some time. I'm anticipating a longer show. This will a top show for NJPW and I'd imagine this is a really important show for ROH.

TakeOver won't be much past 2 hours I'd imagine but I wouldn't be mad if that's closer to 3 hours. Good shows don't feel like a chore to watch.

Wrestle Kingdom is a great show but that's an investment of time. The good thing with streams and VOD is you can pause it when or keep track of your timestamp for later.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
And NOT injured juice Robinson just joined Flip to help beat bully Ray.
The ROH only matches have been a mess besides the women.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad