Rogers Place Construction :: Part VI: Mod warning #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewshoo

Feb 26, 2014
Lethbridge
This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway: can the boards be moved out to play games by international rules?

No they cannot. It's not a big ideal in the long run as IIHF has deemed it not to be necessary for international matches or tournaments.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
According to this seating chart:

RogersPlace_OilersMap_WG_July12.jpg

Why does it seem that Rogers Place have fewer Wheelchair platforms than most arenas in the NHL? I may be basing the comparison by American arenas, so this could be an apples to oranges comparison.

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010

Why does it seem that Rogers Place have fewer Wheelchair platforms than most arenas in the NHL? I may be basing the comparison by American arenas, so this could be an apples to oranges comparison.

Can you post a seating plan (or two or three) for comparison?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

Compared to which American arenas? 22ish seems like a fair amount to me.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
maybe the melting of the ice is proprietary knowledge and constitutes trade secrets, therefore they brought down the curtain.:sarcasm:

hope the curtain is raised soon though. I do miss my viewings.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011

*snip

Rogers Place - 22
VAN - 8
SJ - 12
Pitt - 24
BOS - 24
LA - 32
Anahiem - 22
Cbus - 27
Tor - 8
Phi - 7 (not guaranteed correct. accessible seating map was from 76ers seating charts)
Dal - 13
NYI - 25
Mon - 5
Wpg - 8
Cgy - 4?

Those are the arenas that had easy to find, well defined maps for accessible seating locations via google image search. Seems to me that Rogers Place is well above the league average (mean-16, median-13). If you just compare it to the US arenas it is at the lower end (only Phi, SJ, Dal lower) but is still right around the mean(20.8) and median(23) averages

Note that not all of the areas counted are necessarily wheelchair platforms. Some areas may be limited mobility areas(crutches/canes/walkers) or hearing/visually impaired seating.

TLDR; nope, it's about average.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Cameras back.

I wonder if they were working on the scoreboard electronics? Last night I looked at the cameras and their were patchy, light glows visible through the curtains. And I just saw someone using a ladder to get into the interior of the scoreboard.

It really is a different type of beast compared to Northlands Coliseum.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Rogers Place - 22
VAN - 8
SJ - 12
Pitt - 24
BOS - 24
LA - 32
Anahiem - 22
Cbus - 27
Tor - 8
Phi - 7 (not guaranteed correct. accessible seating map was from 76ers seating charts)
Dal - 13
NYI - 25
Mon - 5
Wpg - 8
Cgy - 4?

Those are the arenas that had easy to find, well defined maps for accessible seating locations via google image search. Seems to me that Rogers Place is well above the league average (mean-16, median-13). If you just compare it to the US arenas it is at the lower end (only Phi, SJ, Dal lower) but is still right around the mean(20.8) and median(23) averages

Note that not all of the areas counted are necessarily wheelchair platforms. Some areas may be limited mobility areas(crutches/canes/walkers) or hearing/visually impaired seating.

TLDR; nope, it's about average.

Looking at your list, it would seem it's common practice to add a lot more wheelchair platform into new arena facilities. It looks very distinct (to me) between the cities with newer building and their number vs. the cities with older buildings and their number.

It makes sense there would be an active effort to expand accessibility at various price points.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Looking at your list, it would seem it's common practice to add a lot more wheelchair platform into new arena facilities. It looks very distinct (to me) between the cities with newer building and their number vs. the cities with older buildings and their number.

It makes sense there would be an active effort to expand accessibility at various price points.

That's what I got out of it as well.

One thing that isn't measured is fan experience. For example, while searching for the numbers I found multiple bad reviews for LA in regards to their accessible seating and the seating around the areas. There were a few each for Anahiem and Boston. Columbus had only good reviews (that I saw) about the experience provided, as did Dallas.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Damn this rink looks nice. Going to many Oilers games is a bit out of my price bracket, but I'll definitely be more interested in checking out other events just to see the rink.

The difference between this and Rexall is stunning.

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
Rogers Place ‏@RogersPlace
#RogersPlace Winter Garden renamed Ford Hall as #Oilers Ent Group announces multi-year extension with @FordCanada.

Ford Hall is #RogersPlace's 25000 sq-ft grand atrium entrance, a gathering place prior to & during events & venue for stand-alone events.

#Oilers Ent Group's partnership extension with @FordCanada will also include vehicle & technology activations inside #RogersPlace.
https://twitter.com/RogersPlace/status/755432704976392192

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad