Rogers Place:3: the search for perfection

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Just thinking, maybe they think the raw look of the derrick would contrast too much with the sleek futuristic look of Rogers Place? It's a bad reason, but I could see it being a consideration as well.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I’ve got reservations at the new 99 restaurant before the game tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
You mean the reconfigured and recently failed "Curve" restaurant? That one lasted 2 years, due to poor service and food. But not to worry, the Katz Group and Sue Darrington are trying for something different this time. Change the name, the decor, and increase the prices. Hope this reincarnation is better than the original for you.

P.S. This is part of the same group that had to make major renovations by adding several more washroom stalls, despite a 3 year study prior to building.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
You mean the reconfigured and recently failed "Curve" restaurant? That one lasted 2 years, due to poor service and food. But not to worry, the Katz Group and Sue Darrington are trying for something different this time. Change the name, the decor, and increase the prices. Hope this reincarnation is better than the original for you.

P.S. This is part of the same group that had to make major renovations by adding several more washroom stalls, despite a 3 year study prior to building.
Tell us how you really feel

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
We all know the bridge thing won't last. Good. The sad thing is that we'll then have to wait for the team to figure out that a bike lane entrance is equally as stupid. BTW, if anyone has access to him, can you tell Iveson that Portland is a city in Oregon? Thanks.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I just got here from NS and never been to Rogers . Any suggestions?
go to Mercer Tavern for pre-game beers

or Denizen Hall if you are younger and more belligerent :)

never been to Molson Hockey House inside Ford Hall but I've heard the beer is cheaper there...but you gotta drink Molson Canadian/Coors Light

Mercer is a good stop, but can be quite busy so get there a bit early. First round or The Parlour are good stops as well.

Denizen Hall is closed now.

The Molson Hockey house is a good stop, $6 pints. We usually do Mercers/First Round --> Hockey House --> Game time

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
go to Mercer Tavern for pre-game beers

or Denizen Hall if you are younger and more belligerent :)

never been to Molson Hockey House inside Ford Hall but I've heard the beer is cheaper there...but you gotta drink Molson Canadian/Coors Light
I’m old enough(50) but my daughter is 12. We r both pretty excited . I have never been to Rogers and she has never been to Edmonton . It’s been 12 years since I’ve been here so I anticipate some major changes.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!

Pretty pumped, as u can probably tell. A couple of wins incoming. That will keep the Toronto media off us. Fake news!

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Mercer is a good stop, but can be quite busy so get there a bit early. First round or The Parlour are good stops as well.

Denizen Hall is closed now.

The Molson Hockey house is a good stop, $6 pints. We usually do Mercers/First Round --> Hockey House --> Game time
I have my 12 yr old daughter with me. She is an Oilers nut. She brought the war paint and everything. Can’t wait to see it

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I’m old enough(50) but my daughter is 12. We r both pretty excited . I have never been to Rogers and she has never been to Edmonton . It’s been 12 years since I’ve been here so I anticipate some major changes.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!

Pretty pumped, as u can probably tell. A couple of wins incoming. That will keep the Toronto media off us. Fake news!
The Canadian Brewhouse on 109st. and 104ave is family friendly if you want some eats

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Call it what you will. The Curve was disappointing from the outset, lack of decor and any ambiance, no televisions in year one, and the idea of high end menu service in a game day restaurant was doomed from the start as the kitchen was simply overwhelmed when 300 people ordered their food within an hour of each other. In year two they went to the buffet and it was very reasonably priced for the venue and food offerings which were always pretty good. I have eaten at the Curve probably a dozen times at least, cant recall any bad food, most of the times it was very good. But the ambience sucked and the decor non existent.

Rebranding the restaurant into a Gretzky themed restaurant with many televisions and expand on the buffet idea should be a hit I would think. The prices are reasonable ($45 per person) for what you will be getting it seems and despite what you said about increasing the prices, I do not think it is higher than last year or if so it is not by much.

Anyway I am looking forward to it!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I just got here from NS and never been to Rogers . Any suggestions?

Don't show up after 630, the line-ups are ridiculously long to get in. Arrive early and avoid the crush. If your taking the LRT home walk to the Bay station versus the arena LRT. Our city has no concept on how to plan, build or deploy an LRT properly.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Don't show up after 630, the line-ups are ridiculously long to get in. Arrive early and avoid the crush. If your taking the LRT home walk to the Bay station versus the arena LRT. Our city has no concept on how to plan, build or deploy an LRT properly.
What time are you allowed in. I want in to tour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad