News Article: Rogers must be watching - Ron Maclean replaces Strombo + big changes (Healy is gone!)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Does anyone else find it annoying(or even notice) that the ads on the boards are constantly changing?

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Rogers is not watching ****, SN is still terrible. The constant ads on boards, the increased volume commercials and the terrible game overlay that looks like something from the 90's is ugly as hell.

WinB4IDIE

Oct 22, 2007
Ontario
So is the guy doing the p.a. announcing for the world cup the same guy that will be doing the Leafs games? If so he's not bad. I just hope the Leafs don't hire one of these winny voiced women with the high shrill annoying voices. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't hire a women, just hire a women with a good set of pipes.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
So is the guy doing the p.a. announcing for the world cup the same guy that will be doing the Leafs games? If so he's not bad. I just hope the Leafs don't hire one of these winny voiced women with the high shrill annoying voices. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't hire a women, just hire a women with a good set of pipes.

I would say don't hire a woman for that job

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver

They should get the singer from Heart.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Ads on the boards don't really bother me the least bit, didn't even notice them changing till the second period of the first game I watched.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have all the adds you want anywhere but the uniforms.

Much rather have them on uniforms than the constant ad flipping with every camera angle. Worse thing visually to happen to a broadcast since the Fox puck.

EDDIE20*

Rogers still blows but the fact that they canned Healy's fat ass is better than nothing. It'll be so nice to tune into a game and not hear him whine constantly.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga

Heard they made an offer to Fran Drescher but they have yet to hear back....

ForSpareParts*

Looks like the CBC / Sportsnet parted ways with Strombo just on time

"UPDATE from George Stroumboulopoulos on body found at his L.A. home. Strombo says the victim was a close friend. https://t.co/z5ydGLj5ey"

Via Twitter

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Looks like the CBC / Sportsnet parted ways with Strombo just on time

"UPDATE from George Stroumboulopoulos on body found at his L.A. home. Strombo says the victim was a close friend. https://t.co/z5ydGLj5ey"

Via Twitter

Really? His friend was murdered in a robbery in Strombo's house, cut the guy some slack.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
David Amber I can also get very used to. Looks like Rogers has taken the time to see what the fans really want in hockey broadcasting: clean-cut and humble hosts/reporters. MacClean for game 1, Amber for game 2: both have a very strong "humbleness" about them. No smart remarks, no offensive wit, just respectful and mostly clean reporting. To further back this up, they removed all the smart-@sses from the show like Healey, Stock and Doug Maclean for starters (and yes even George- who seemed almost immature at times compared to Ron Maclean). Those guys they took out would fit in on NBC or Fox Sports (when they had the NHL), but not a Canadian hockey broadcast.

Canadians don't want flashy graphics, flashy sets, wooshy sound effects, gimmicks or some lame movie voice guy doing a montage... save that stuff for the American broadcasts, they like it. It really cheapens the whole experience. But CBC did it right. Finally it looks like things are falling into place :)

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
OMG is Healy really gone , I Dont have to listen to his troll ass during leaf Games anymore ???

If its true :bow::clap::clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad