Ovechkin Wins Eighth Career Rocket Richard Trophy

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Just goes to show that pace doesn’t mean **** unless it comes to someone who has shown they do it over and over.

True but in Laine's case all he needed was a 41 goal pace the rest of the way to hit 50.

Considering he had 36 as a rookie and 44 goals last season, the drop off we've seen this season is insane.

I think everyone here had him as a lock for 50 goals considering his start and previous two seasons.

He had an unsustainable 72 goal pace after his first 21 goals.

In the 47 games since he's been on a 14 goal pace.

Last edited:

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Wouldn't shooting as much as Ovechkin eventually take its toll on your shoulders or something? He's been like the league leading shooter every year of his career. Remarkable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hippasus

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I guess he just undecided to score less goals from then on then eh?

Some posters will say and believe anything they want. I remember a few saying Crosby wasn't trying and instead saving himself for the playoffs.

So I guess this season he's trying and not saving himself for the playoffs?

Some people need to realize that the regular season is a long grind.

50 goal and 100 point seasons don't just grow on trees.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Draisaitl is welcome to slow down any time. The symmetry of the Great 8 leading the league eight times (and having eight 50 goal seasons) is too appealing.

Reactions: Sam Spade

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I've said it before in this topic that at some point Hitchcock will just pair McDavid with Draisaitl and just tell them to go nuts. :laugh:

Out of the playoffs so just go wild boys. McDavid for sure wants to get Draisaitl 50 goals this season.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Draisaitl is welcome to slow down any time. The symmetry of the Great 8 leading the league eight times (and having eight 50 goal seasons) is too appealing.

Wait till next season instead. Pot 50, get the 8th Rocket and become the 8th 700 goal scorer in league history.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad